And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fhdz

Quote from: katmai on July 26, 2013, 07:23:59 PM
:lmfao:

He actually did though. It's kind of fucked up, honestly.
and the horse you rode in on

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

I guess we have another VC/NVA sympathizer here :rolleyes:

CHARLIE DON'T SURF :angry:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Queequeg

I like my new profile pic that I think I'll post a lot more.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Quote from: fhdz on July 26, 2013, 07:42:20 PM

He actually did though. It's kind of fucked up, honestly.
Obama said

QuoteAnd we discussed the fact that Ho Chi Minh was actually inspired by the US Declaration of Independence and Constitution, and the words of Thomas Jefferson.

This is a historical fact, Ho opened the Vietnamese Declaration of Independence with it.

http://coombs.anu.edu.au/~vern/van_kien/declar.html
Quote"All men are created equal. They are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights, among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness"

This immortal statement was made in the Declaration of Independence of the United States of America m 1776. In a broader sense, this means: All the peoples on the earth are equal from birth, all the peoples have a right to live, to be happy and free.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

derspiess

So Tim's a communist now.  Anyone else want to declare their party membership?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

If he was inspired by it, the inspiration didn't carry him very far.

Fairer to say he was familiar with the text, and copied parts of it as a PR stunt.  Nothing about the operation of North Vietnam suggests they held any of the principles in high esteem.

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on July 26, 2013, 08:16:00 PM

Clearly, he's been compromised by Asian ladyboys.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

Only thing this shows is Derspicy drinks from Fox News nonsense. Which we already knew.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

derspiess

Quote from: katmai on July 26, 2013, 08:18:34 PM
Only thing this shows is Derspicy drinks from Fox News nonsense. Which we already knew.

Close, but no chimichanga.  I actually first read about it on some leftist dude's blog. 

jimmy olsen

The internet gives me the ability to quote Hitler and King George III as well. Does that make me a Communist-Nazi-Monarchist?  :huh:

1 Karma Chameleon point

derspiess

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 26, 2013, 08:21:42 PM
The internet gives me the ability to quote Hitler and King George III as well. Does that make me a Communist-Nazi-Monarchist?  :huh:

No.  You've been sliding leftward for a while now.

Neil

Big deal.  All sorts of horrific, evil places were inspired by the declaration of independence, most notably the early United States.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.