News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 24, 2013, 12:22:35 PM
Remember, kids:  as long as you act like you belong there, you can get away with it.

QuoteSteinway baby grand piano stolen from Toronto General Hospital

:lol:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BavarianFireDrill
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

My current mood: :ultra:
I spent the last week or two of my time here stressing and working hard to clean my apartment.
Today someone from the owning company comes to inspect and announces that despite being spotless its not cleaned and they're going to hire some professionals (probally tightly tied in with the owning company) for $400, at my expense.
██████
██████
██████

Lettow77

That seems fair. A foreigner's stink seeps in deep and can require special cleaning tools to remove.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on July 24, 2013, 01:01:40 PM
Beatrice of York scares me. THOSE EYES!

Yeah, that is creepy.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tyr on July 25, 2013, 02:26:41 AM
I spent the last week or two of my time here stressing and working hard to clean my apartment.
Today someone from the owning company comes to inspect and announces that despite being spotless its not cleaning and they're going to hire some professionals (probally tightly tied in with the owning company) for $400, at my expense.

Yeah, I don't think you're going to get out of that sort of thing in the Land of the Rising Inspection Glove.

Tonitrus

I see the Japanese have also learned common American property management techniques.

CountDeMoney

Hell, when I rented an apartment, I got dinged for the sun damage to my venetian blinds.  :lol:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Phillip V on July 24, 2013, 05:43:23 PM
I submitted today a low-ball offer for a foreclosed condo. :)

The predatory economy appreciates your predatory approach.

DGuller

Today someone from the owning company comes to inspect and announces that despite being spotless its not cleaning and they're going to hire some professionals (probally tightly tied in with the owning company) for $400, at my expense.
When I was moving out of my first apartment, the doorman strongly suggested that I hire his wife to clean it, since I can't really clean it up well enough on my own to pass inspection.  He only asked for $80 up-front, without seeing my apartment.  I quickly agreed.  His wife did a good job.

When my friend was moving out a short time later, I recommended my former doorman's wife when he was looking for a cleaner.  She steadfastly refused to name the price before she saw his apartment.  :hmm: :whistle:

Neil

That's what landlords do.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

lustindarkness

Did I piss off Malthus somehow? I have ants in my truck, small silly little black ants looking for spilled soda.

Tonight they will be vacummed and sprayed. I may even have to wash the mud off, they have enough dirt on that truck to build a nice colony.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

merithyn

Quote from: garbon on July 25, 2013, 09:31:06 AM
How odd. This actress has apparently been playing teenage roles for the past 20 years.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthis/bianca-lawson-from-pretty-little-liars-has-been-playing-a-te

God love her for it.

Yet another reason why black people are genetically superior to whites. :contract:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Quote from: merithyn on July 25, 2013, 09:53:42 AM
Quote from: garbon on July 25, 2013, 09:31:06 AM
How odd. This actress has apparently been playing teenage roles for the past 20 years.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthis/bianca-lawson-from-pretty-little-liars-has-been-playing-a-te

God love her for it.

Yet another reason why black people are genetically superior to whites. :contract:

I really dislike that when I looked at the comments, there were several about how they got the fact for Buffy wrong. :rolleyes:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.