Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: derspiess on July 26, 2013, 08:22:22 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 26, 2013, 08:21:42 PM
Quote from: derspiess on July 26, 2013, 08:16:00 PM
So Tim's a communist now.  Anyone else want to declare their party membership?
The internet gives me the ability to quote Hitler and King George III as well. Does that make me a Communist-Nazi-Monarchist?  :huh:

No.  You've been sliding leftward for a while now.
Lots of people were inspired by Jefferson, some good, most of them bad. I don't see how this is news, nor an indicator of leftist thought.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

katmai

No tim, it's another sign of how Obama is weakening the USA!!!!!1

:rolleyes:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Phillip V

Quote from: katmai on July 26, 2013, 08:43:08 PM
it's another sign of how Obama is weakening the USA
Agree.

garbon

I wouldn't mind if he resigned. Joe Biden would at least make the presidency fun again.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on July 26, 2013, 08:46:49 PM
I wouldn't mind if he resigned. Joe Biden would at least make the presidency fun again.

He'd have some fun executive orders, that's for sure.

IT'S NOW TOTALLY LEGAL TO FIRE YOUR SHOTGUN THROUGH THE DOOR IF YOU FEEL THREATENED.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on July 26, 2013, 09:31:16 PM
IT'S NOW TOTALLY LEGAL TO FIRE YOUR SHOTGUN THROUGH THE DOOR IF YOU FEEL THREATENED.

It's your door.  You can do anything you want to it.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: derspiess on July 26, 2013, 08:22:22 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 26, 2013, 08:21:42 PM
Quote from: derspiess on July 26, 2013, 08:16:00 PM
So Tim's a communist now.  Anyone else want to declare their party membership?
The internet gives me the ability to quote Hitler and King George III as well. Does that make me a Communist-Nazi-Monarchist?  :huh:

No.  You've been sliding leftward for a while now.

Funny how being forced to go to another country to get work does that.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Tonitrus, others.  What altitude would you guys say these B-29s are flying at?  I'm thinking 10,000ft tops?

Edit: Probably 5000 or lower.  I could calculate it easily if I could measure their apparent angular size.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

1,800.  Very, very low.

Ideologue

Thank you.  That means I'm not way off on my measurements (well, I am, but the other way :lol: ).  This means I am justified in ridiculing The Wolverine for its artistic license over a tragedy that gave air war a bad name.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on July 27, 2013, 12:41:22 AM
Tonitrus, others.  What altitude would you guys say these B-29s are flying at?  I'm thinking 10,000ft tops?

:lol: The fuck you asking Tonitrus for?  He doesn't get any more closer to planes than you do.  :lol:

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 27, 2013, 02:56:58 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on July 27, 2013, 12:41:22 AM

:lol: The fuck you asking Tonitrus for?  He doesn't get any more closer to planes than you do.  :lol:

I like to pretend he's a B-52 pilot with a cowboy hat. :(
Kinemalogue

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on July 27, 2013, 03:09:13 AM
I like to pretend he's a B-52 pilot with a cowboy hat. :(

He can tell you how far the coffee maker is from the desk.

Ed Anger

Or how many attachments can be put on an email before the system rejects it.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 26, 2013, 08:16:12 PM
If he was inspired by it, the inspiration didn't carry him very far.

Fairer to say he was familiar with the text, and copied parts of it as a PR stunt.  Nothing about the operation of North Vietnam suggests they held any of the principles in high esteem.

From what I've read, and it's not that much so I could be off, Ho Chi Minh was initially hoping to get some measure of American support. Quoting Jefferson would seem consistent with that.