And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Barrister on July 17, 2013, 12:57:40 PM
Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on July 17, 2013, 12:54:56 PM
Damn!  I got picked, and sat through the voir dire questions before they sent us off to lunch. Should have said crazy/retarded shit like a couple other people did to get out of it.

'IF HES HERE HES GUILTY! '   She gets to go home, I have to stay.

Because you're smarter than she is.

You both know "if he's here he's guilty" is true - but you know enough not to say it out loud.   :ph34r:

:D   it's a competency hearing, or whatever it's called. My phone is not liking being in the courthouse.

Eddie Teach

Damn!  I got picked, and sat through the voir dire questions before they sent us off to lunch. Should have said crazy/retarded shit like a couple other people did to get out of it.

You both know "if he's here he's guilty" is true - but you know enough not to say it out loud.   :ph34r:

No, because she is acting in her own interest and not the prosecutor's.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 17, 2013, 01:08:58 PM

No, because she is acting in her own interest and not the prosecutor's.

But the prosecutor's interests ARE your interests.  We only want what is best for society. :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Habbaku

What's best for society is to lock up a woman for 20 years for firing a shot in the air?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Eddie Teach

Maybe it's best for society that he's put away, but it's best for "he's guilty" lady that MBM puts him there for her.  ;)

MadBurgerMaker

Cool. They decided while we were at lunch that dude was competent to stand trial after all. On the way home already, and I didn't even have have to fake a seizure or anything.

Malthus

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on July 17, 2013, 01:50:48 PM
Cool. They decided while we were at lunch that dude was competent to stand trial after all. On the way home already, and I didn't even have have to fake a seizure or anything.

What was the dude alleged to have done?
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Malthus on July 17, 2013, 02:19:47 PM
What was the dude alleged to have done?

They never said.  All they told us was that they were criminal charges and we were there to decide if he was competent to go on trial. 

derspiess

That would drive me crazy.  I hate not knowing the full story.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: fhdz on July 17, 2013, 01:55:17 AM
Women are always cold. You would know this if you actually managed to sleep with some :P

Mine is always hot.  She would like the house to feel like a meat locker.

I keep the thermostat at 77 when we are home, 84 when we are not.  She equates this to torture.

fhdz

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on July 17, 2013, 02:50:00 PM
Quote from: fhdz on July 17, 2013, 01:55:17 AM
Women are always cold. You would know this if you actually managed to sleep with some :P

Mine is always hot.  She would like the house to feel like a meat locker.

I keep the thermostat at 77 when we are home, 84 when we are not.  She equates this to torture.

Wow. Is she young?
and the horse you rode in on

garbon

She's right.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: merithyn on July 17, 2013, 12:37:36 PM
[With so many women getting their innards removed, it's not just those with a passed sell-by date that are affected. :D

My wife would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on July 17, 2013, 02:51:38 PM

She's right.

When the temperatures outside get into the 90s regularly, 77 is pretty comfy.