News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

So I put a little more work into my lawn this spring/summer than I usually do.  With the kids taking up so much time I kinda neglected it the past two years.  With the help of a good amount of rain up until recently, it was looking nice.  So I turned my focus to some other stuff that needed to be done around the exterior of the house.

Just when I had my back turned, so to speak, I noticed a network of mole tunnels tearing up my front yard.  Goddamned mole(s) must die.  I was going to buy a trap but dad suggested getting these poisoned fake worms that the moles would take back to their den or whatever and kill the lot of them.  Of course, if I see one of those fuckers in the open he's getting flattened with a shovel.

Any other ideas?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

lustindarkness

Quote from: derspiess on July 17, 2013, 11:20:16 AM
So I put a little more work into my lawn this spring/summer than I usually do.  With the kids taking up so much time I kinda neglected it the past two years.  With the help of a good amount of rain up until recently, it was looking nice.  So I turned my focus to some other stuff that needed to be done around the exterior of the house.

Just when I had my back turned, so to speak, I noticed a network of mole tunnels tearing up my front yard.  Goddamned mole(s) must die.  I was going to buy a trap but dad suggested getting these poisoned fake worms that the moles would take back to their den or whatever and kill the lot of them.  Of course, if I see one of those fuckers in the open he's getting flattened with a shovel.

Any other ideas?

Dynamite.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

fhdz

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 17, 2013, 02:01:15 AM
Quote from: fhdz on July 17, 2013, 01:55:17 AM
Women are always cold.

In Portland, sure.

No, always - relative to the heat of the place in which they reside. Unless, as Meri notes, they are going through menopause :D
and the horse you rode in on

CountDeMoney

Goddamned mole(s) must die.

Yeah...I'm usually all "all God's creatures have a right to live equally under the sun", but in the case of spiders, snakes and moles, it's game on.  Nasty little fuckers.

QuoteAny other ideas?

That poison idea sounds like a good one, since I don't think they offer themselves as easy targets above ground for Varmint Cong fire missions.

derspiess

Quote from: lustindarkness on July 17, 2013, 11:29:03 AM

Any other ideas?

Dynamite.

I do have some M-80's left over from the Fourth :hmm:

Actually, they're labeled "M-90" and don't seem any more powerful than a regular firecracker, despite their size.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

fhdz

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 17, 2013, 11:29:50 AM
That poison idea sounds like a good one, since I don't think they offer themselves as easy targets above ground for Varmint Cong fire missions.

Moles aren't anywhere near as bad as gophers.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: fhdz on July 17, 2013, 11:45:21 AM

But if he starts killing all the golfers, they'll lock him up and throw away the key.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 17, 2013, 11:48:04 AM

But if he starts killing all the golfers, they'll lock him up and throw away the key.

:)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

fhdz

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 17, 2013, 11:48:04 AM

Can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs.

merithyn

Quote from: katmai on July 17, 2013, 08:24:21 AM
Ewww, that's past their use by date, gotta ditch them by then.

Pfft... mine started at 31. :P

With so many women getting their innards removed, it's not just those with a passed sell-by date that are affected. :D
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

merithyn

Quote from: fhdz on July 17, 2013, 11:29:04 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 17, 2013, 02:01:15 AM
Quote from: fhdz on July 17, 2013, 01:55:17 AM
Women are always cold.

In Portland, sure.

No, always - relative to the heat of the place in which they reside. Unless, as Meri notes, they are going through menopause :D

Or pregnant. Don't forget pregnancy.

As I've mentioned, though, I've always loved cold rooms. It's an excuse to wear heavy sweaters and fluffy socks. :D  :Canuck:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

MadBurgerMaker

Damn!  I got picked, and sat through the voir dire questions before they sent us off to lunch. Should have said crazy/retarded shit like a couple other people did to get out of it.

'IF HES HERE HES GUILTY! '   She gets to go home, I have to stay.

Barrister

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on July 17, 2013, 12:54:56 PM
Damn!  I got picked, and sat through the voir dire questions before they sent us off to lunch. Should have said crazy/retarded shit like a couple other people did to get out of it.

'IF HES HERE HES GUILTY! '   She gets to go home, I have to stay.

Because you're smarter than she is.

You both know "if he's here he's guilty" is true - but you know enough not to say it out loud.   :ph34r:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

Everybody is guilty of something. Even the children. Especially the children.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.