And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: fhdz on July 16, 2013, 06:14:06 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 16, 2013, 06:12:28 PM
That motherfucker is set at 72 and locked.

Sweet jesus. What are you, a woman?

I'd like it around 67, but it does need to rest once and a while.  And 72 when it's 97 outside like was is today is more than enough of a differential to make me content. 
I still have to walk around in my underwear at 72, though. 

But that's OK, since in the winter time I don't even turn on the heat, so when it's 56 in here in the morning, I'm a happy camper.

fhdz

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 16, 2013, 06:16:10 PM
Quote from: fhdz on July 16, 2013, 06:15:06 PM
You people are all women. If it's 70 degrees in my house, I start thinking "fuck, it's stuffy in here".
Thank you.

It's no problem; those of us with decent circulation have to stick together.
and the horse you rode in on

Ed Anger

I hate it when females mess with the thermostat.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

I'd do 65 if I could get away with it. But where I pay the bills I'm content with 72.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

You people are all women. If it's 70 degrees in my house, I start thinking "fuck, it's stuffy in here".

So ability to take heat = woman?  :hmm:

I'm pretty sure local climate is a much bigger factor in how high people like to set their thermostats than gender. In San Diego, high 60s is pretty comfortable. In Atlanta, I'd be wearing sweat pants.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 16, 2013, 06:23:38 PM
I hate it when females mess with the thermostat.

That's fahdiz's greatest relationship barrier:  does she sleep with socks, or not?  DECISIONS DECISIONS

Ed Anger

Mmmmmm, knee high socks.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

My wife knows better than to touch the thermostat. She'd rather just sit there & complain about it being too hot or too cold,anyway.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 16, 2013, 06:25:59 PM

I'll admit, my ability to tolerate heat was always in direct proportion to what kind of shape I was in. 
When I was a buff young man with a 29 inch waist, bring it.  Now, a 75w light bulb makes me run out of breath.  :lol:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 16, 2013, 06:30:45 PM
Mmmmmm, knee high socks.

Always partial to the little white footie cheerleader ones, myself.  The extra little bob in the back was just gravy.

edit: AND NO, NOT FOR ME, ASSHOLES

Caliga

I keep the thermostat on 80.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

CountDeMoney

mongers

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 16, 2013, 06:25:59 PM

No clearly real men sweat,... profusely.    :moon:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Caliga

Actually normally I keep it on 75 but the damn heat pump ain't draining right at the moment.  The ol' Shop Vac ain't helping clear the drainage pipes either.  Got an HVAC dude coming out on Friday morning. :sleep:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points