News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Funnily enough, since I have used it so many times, but I have never been sure: Linux. Is the "i" like in city, or like in child?

Admiral Yi

I pronounce it like lie.  Leenux like Kleenex would sound bizarre.  Charlie Brown's friend is Lie-nus, not Lee-nus.

merithyn

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 26, 2013, 06:09:17 PM
He's born!

:w00t:

Now.. pertinent info? Weight, height, hair color (if any), name, etc. :)
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

PDH

Quote from: Tamas on June 27, 2013, 08:53:15 AM
Funnily enough, since I have used it so many times, but I have never been sure: Linux. Is the "i" like in city, or like in child?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAEsoKiZTvk
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

merithyn

Quote from: Josephus on June 27, 2013, 07:06:57 AM
Quote from: derspiess on June 27, 2013, 06:58:07 AM
Quote from: Iormlund on June 26, 2013, 10:23:40 PM
Fucked up the quotes there. :P

PS. I take Adalimumab for mine.

I take Pentasa for mine. Keeps the more severe symptoms in check most of the time. I don't have it nearly as bad as most people with it, it seems. Every time I talk to someone else who has it, I feel guilty for bitching about my symptoms.

My bro's now on something called remicade (?) It's an injection thing he gives himself once or twice a month. It's the only thing that has seemed to work. He hasn't had a major outbreak in years.

That's what one of my friends takes for hers, with the same results. She's actually gained weight since she's been on it, which has her doctor doing cartwheels.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

garbon

Quote from: Josephus on June 27, 2013, 07:06:57 AM
Quote from: derspiess on June 27, 2013, 06:58:07 AM
Quote from: Iormlund on June 26, 2013, 10:23:40 PM
Fucked up the quotes there. :P

PS. I take Adalimumab for mine.

I take Pentasa for mine. Keeps the more severe symptoms in check most of the time. I don't have it nearly as bad as most people with it, it seems. Every time I talk to someone else who has it, I feel guilty for bitching about my symptoms.

My bro's now on something called remicade (?) It's an injection thing he gives himself once or twice a month. It's the only thing that has seemed to work. He hasn't had a major outbreak in years.

Humira, which Iorm mentioned, is also an injection. Though I believe that Humira is typically taken more frequently.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

Momssvig is my new favourite word.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

crazy canuck

Quote from: DGuller on June 26, 2013, 07:09:56 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 26, 2013, 07:02:22 PM
Quote from: derspiess on June 26, 2013, 06:53:57 PM
So I can't eat anything today because I have a colonoscopy tomorrow.  So naturally this was the night Tommy demanded we get pizza.  The smell is killing me.

My sawbones told me men don't need to start getting the anal probe until age 50.
Sometimes you have to think about what you want, not just what you need.

He cant always get what he wants.  Sometimes he just gets what he needs.

Tamas

Quote from: PDH on June 27, 2013, 09:03:31 AM
Quote from: Tamas on June 27, 2013, 08:53:15 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAEsoKiZTvk

:thumbsup:

ulmont

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 27, 2013, 09:38:32 AM
So I can't eat anything today because I have a colonoscopy tomorrow.  So naturally this was the night Tommy demanded we get pizza.  The smell is killing me.

My sawbones told me men don't need to start getting the anal probe until age 50.

If he tries.

Jacob

Quote from: ulmont on June 27, 2013, 03:34:28 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on June 27, 2013, 09:38:32 AM

If he tries.

And he tries.

fhdz

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 27, 2013, 08:58:31 AM
I pronounce it like lie.  Leenux like Kleenex would sound bizarre.  Charlie Brown's friend is Lie-nus, not Lee-nus.

But city isn't pronounced "ceety".

I say "Linux" like "city".
and the horse you rode in on

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Neil

Canada is rolling back some of its hate-speech laws, which means I'm more free to talk about my hate for things on the internet.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ideologue

You certainly seemed constrained before.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)