News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on June 01, 2013, 12:32:47 AM
Maybe by your dept policy.  I'm right by the constitution.

They're much more polite on Club Fed property.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 01, 2013, 01:06:07 AM

Tell them that. We're viewed as jack booted thugs

:D Folks forget, the pot may be legal in WA state now, but not on Uncle Sam's turf.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

katmai

Who you working for now anyways 11b?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Caliga

Quote from: Ideologue on May 31, 2013, 08:42:13 PM
There's a possibility I could be getting laid off soon.  The hope is that they'll have another project, but who knows the future?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Brain

2001. Is she still Miss Cleo? :mmm:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Austrian culture radio Ö1 is playing contemporary music by Da Wang Gang. Jacob, have you heard of them?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

11B4V

Quote from: katmai on June 01, 2013, 04:51:54 AM
Who you working for now anyways 11b?

Still up here in the northwest. Working for the Navy.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 01, 2013, 01:37:04 PM
lulz, Shore Patrol.

The navy is a strange organization. Oh and NCIS, is nothing like their TV show. Most of the time they just get in our and CIDs way. Oh and fuck up crime scenes, too.

CountDeMoney

The wife of a guy I once worked with was an NCIS investigator;  didn't strike me as the sharpest.

DGuller

Quote from: 11B4V on June 01, 2013, 03:07:56 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 01, 2013, 01:06:07 AM

Tell them that. We're viewed as jack booted thugs

:D Folks forget, the pot may be legal in WA state now, but not on Uncle Sam's turf.
I bet it feels good to mess up someone's life because they didn't quite understand the legal distinction between state and federal lands.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: DGuller on June 01, 2013, 02:00:59 PM
I bet it feels good to mess up someone's life because they didn't quite understand the legal distinction between state and federal lands.

Yeah, those uniformed guards at the gate are pretty easy to miss.

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 01, 2013, 02:02:56 PM
Quote from: DGuller on June 01, 2013, 02:00:59 PM

Yeah, those uniformed guards at the gate are pretty easy to miss.

We have no guards here, but realize your point.