News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

weird thought of the day, how is it homophobe but homosexual? Shouldn't it logically be homophile? Why do they have to be so darn sexual?
██████
██████
██████

mongers

Quote from: Tyr on May 21, 2013, 08:13:30 PM
weird thought of the day, how is it homophobe but homosexual? Shouldn't it logically be homophile? Why do they have to be so darn sexual?

Tyr, because a homophile is a gay librarian.   :rolleyes:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

fhdz

:mellow:

A homosexual is an individual who is sexually attracted to people of the same sex. A homophobe is, at least theoretically, someone who fears homosexuals.
and the horse you rode in on

Phillip V

One of the old-timers from the Paradox OT finally gave me the go-ahead to directly meet one of his daughters; will try later this summer. He previously let me go to a party three years ago with the eldest on the condition that I not interact with her. Very funny. :D

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 21, 2013, 05:40:18 PM
Quote from: Phillip V on May 21, 2013, 05:37:33 PM
Had my hair cut by an Asian woman today. They know much better how to keep my head attractive. :)

You must be the only person on the planet who looks good with a bowl cut.

Asian hair dressers are more common than convenience store workers in my experience. They give normal haircuts.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Quote from: fahdiz on May 21, 2013, 08:16:02 PM

A homosexual is an individual who is sexually attracted to people of the same sex. A homophobe is, at least theoretically, someone who fears homosexuals.
But paedophile/paedophobe amongst others (that is the only one that comes to mind which is 100% about the icky side of things since I can:t be researching that sort of word on my school computer). Hetero/homo is the only one that says sexual.
██████
██████
██████

Jacob

Quote from: 11B4V on May 21, 2013, 07:03:16 PM
Quote from: HVC on May 21, 2013, 07:01:58 PM
anti gay marriage guy who killed himself in protest of france passing the law.
idiot

Yup. But at least he had the decency to kill himself and not someone else to make his point, so that's to his credit.

DGuller

You have to admire someone with such strength of convictions.  The world would be a better place if more people were like him.

Ed Anger

Testing out something.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on May 21, 2013, 08:53:39 PM
Quote from: fahdiz on May 21, 2013, 08:16:02 PM

But paedophile/paedophobe amongst others (that is the only one that comes to mind which is 100% about the icky side of things since I can:t be researching that sort of word on my school computer). Hetero/homo is the only one that says sexual.

Homophile is a word. It just isn't popular.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

fhdz

Quote from: garbon on May 22, 2013, 08:58:49 AM
Homophile is a word. It just isn't popular.

People who love things that are the same! :w00t:
and the horse you rode in on

Habbaku

Favorite food : rice?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien