Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lustindarkness

Quote from: 11B4V on May 21, 2013, 04:35:32 PM
Quote29 Guests, 27 Users (6 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
11B4V, Razgovory, Jacob, Barrister, Benedict Arnold, The Brain, crazy canuck, Tonitrus, Liep, Queequeg, Ideologue, Berkut, derspiess, DGuller, ulmont, fahdiz, The Larch, Bluebook, syk, Admiral Yi, Vricklund

29 Guests? What the fuck are these people doing.

Big Brother is Watching.  :ph34r:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Phillip V

Had my hair cut by an Asian woman today. They know much better how to keep my head attractive. :)

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Phillip V on May 21, 2013, 05:37:33 PM
Had my hair cut by an Asian woman today. They know much better how to keep my head attractive. :)

You must be the only person on the planet who looks good with a bowl cut.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Barrister on May 21, 2013, 05:08:59 PM
I saw this story and thought of Seedy:

ESPN and parent Disney, despite record profitability, are laying off approx 10% of its workforce to ensure record profits in the future.

http://deadspin.com/source-espn-laying-off-hundreds-509043249

Buy Buy Buy!
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

MadImmortalMan

The twitters are saying some dude committed suicide inside Notre Dams Cathedral as some kind of protest.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on May 21, 2013, 05:08:59 PM
I saw this story and thought of Seedy:

ESPN and parent Disney, despite record profitability, are laying off approx 10% of its workforce to ensure record profits in the future.

http://deadspin.com/source-espn-laying-off-hundreds-509043249

Imagine that.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on May 21, 2013, 06:48:32 PM
The twitters are saying some dude committed suicide inside Notre Dams Cathedral as some kind of protest.

Well, considering their performance against Alabama, I can understand.

11B4V

News is reporting same.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: 11B4V on May 21, 2013, 06:49:39 PM

News is reporting same.

A link I was reading after googling "dude committed suicide inside Notre Dams" ( :P the keyboard wasn't within reach) mentioned that some other guy offed himself at a Catholic school in Paris last week.  What's with this?

HVC

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on May 21, 2013, 06:58:39 PM

News is reporting same.

A link I was reading after googling "dude committed suicide inside Notre Dams" ( :P the keyboard wasn't within reach) mentioned that some other guy offed himself at a Catholic school in Paris last week.  What's with this?
anti gay marriage guy who killed himself in protest of france passing the law.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

11B4V

Quote from: HVC on May 21, 2013, 07:01:58 PM

News is reporting same.

idiot
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Phillip V

Quote from: HVC on May 21, 2013, 07:01:58 PM

News is reporting same.

"HERE I STAND." -Martin Luther :o

mongers

Chatting with an acquaintance of mine yesterday, she was talking a lot about local pubs, either she was dropping hints about going out for drink or perhaps she has issues with alcohol.  :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

PDH

Quote from: mongers on May 21, 2013, 08:04:17 PM
Chatting with an acquaintance of mine yesterday, she was talking a lot about local pubs, either she was dropping hints about going out for drink or perhaps she has issues with alcohol.  :hmm:

Why can't it be both?  You are so limiting.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

mongers

Quote from: PDH on May 21, 2013, 08:08:09 PM
Quote from: mongers on May 21, 2013, 08:04:17 PM

Why can't it be both?  You are so limiting.

Sadly that latter invalidates the former; been there done that.   <_<
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"