News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: Josephus on May 23, 2013, 12:51:32 PM
So critical of the press lately. ;) There was a valid reason for it. There was a theft involved. The police need help finding the purse because they can't ID the woman without it.

No criticism - my understanding is that the press is leery of publicising jumpers for fear of encouraging more of the same. I dunno if this is actually true or just some rumour I heard, though.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Josephus

They do n't normally publish suicides of any kind. this one is different for what I said above. They will never mention her by name, though.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Grinning_Colossus

I want to thank the Poles of the world for offering really inexplicably cheap flights between Warsaw and San Francisco and also building a rail line between the city center and Chopin International Airport. That is going to make the tail end of my European adventure/ordeal much, much easier.  :thumbsup:
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

MadImmortalMan

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2327173/The-woman-claims-pretty-job-Graduate-hounded-sex-pests-jealous-females.html

Laura Fernee says her good looks are so powerful they are ruining her life
The 33-year-old says she attracted unwanted attention from male colleagues
She said that she is 'not lazy and I'm no bimbo'
Her parents pay for her £2,000 a month in rent and bills for her flat in Notting Hill -
her parents also pay for her credit cards, and £1,700-per-month for her designer clothes and handbags

Too pretty to work. :P

Whatever, dumbass. My wife is hotter than her and manages to pull down almost six figures. Also, why go to the Mail about it? Oh, I guess the working life is just not for me. Call a press conference!
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Valmy

Cheap flights connecting San Francisco and Warsaw?  Were you behind this Marty?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on May 23, 2013, 01:33:52 PM
Whatever, dumbass. My wife is hotter than her and manages to pull down almost six figures.

Has anyone told you lately what a lucky SOB you are?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Yeah there is a well respected manager in my office who is way hotter than her.  I guess any excuse for failure will do :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grinning_Colossus

Quote from: Valmy on May 23, 2013, 01:34:09 PM
Cheap flights connecting San Francisco and Warsaw?  Were you behind this Marty?

$735. If it's his doing, he works damn well from behind.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Barrister

Interesting tidbit: in 1936 the British Government was listening in on the calls from King Edward VIII.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22625043
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Caliga

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2327173/The-woman-claims-pretty-job-Graduate-hounded-sex-pests-jealous-females.html

Laura Fernee says her good looks are so powerful they are ruining her life
The 33-year-old says she attracted unwanted attention from male colleagues
She said that she is 'not lazy and I'm no bimbo'
Her parents pay for her £2,000 a month in rent and bills for her flat in Notting Hill -
her parents also pay for her credit cards, and £1,700-per-month for her designer clothes and handbags

Whatever, dumbass. My wife is hotter than her and manages to pull down almost six figures. Also, why go to the Mail about it? Oh, I guess the working life is just not for me. Call a press conference!
ummmmm no.  I would say close to the MAJORITY of women in my office are more attractive than her.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Caliga on May 23, 2013, 03:27:29 PM
ummmmm no.  I would say close to the MAJORITY of women in my office are more attractive than her.

Translation- they have bigger tits.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 23, 2013, 03:35:43 PM

Translation- they have bigger tits.
Actually I was speaking as a typical man, not Caliga, when I wrote that reply. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

There are at least half a dozen women at the nerdfest academic conference I am at that are hotter than her.

Lettow77

The fact that "bereavement" is a word in the english language is a little unpleasant.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'