News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Lettow77 on May 23, 2013, 08:15:02 PM
The fact that "bereavement" is a word in the english language is a little unpleasant.

Not really.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Phillip V

My new work environments are majority attractive women, and I am constantly aroused. However, I have mastered the art of looking without looking as well as shutting the fuck up, so they think I am safe. I just went out with 3 of them dancing.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Phillip V on May 23, 2013, 11:41:57 PM
My new work environments are majority attractive women, and I am constantly aroused. However, I have mastered the art of looking without looking as well as shutting the fuck up, so they think I am safe. I just went out with 3 of them dancing.

Have you had good results with the friends first strategy?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Phillip V

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 23, 2013, 11:45:39 PM
Quote from: Phillip V on May 23, 2013, 11:41:57 PM

Have you had good results with the friends first strategy?

My strategy is to become Vice President.

Eddie Teach

Of the company or of America?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

A popular motif for Austrian souvenirs is "No Kangaroos in Austria":

Still, last night, a car in Upper Austria collided with a kangaroo that had jumped onto the street. :hmm:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

The taint is spreading even to the kangaroos themselves?
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

:lol: a right-ish blogger made an executive summary of Europe's last week and perhaps he has a point it wasn't pretty:

-two black muslims knife down a british soldier on the streets of London, then send a video message to the Brits
-anti-gay marriage history professor commits suicide in Notre Dam as protest
-feminist activists later mocks the suicide at the same place
-eurotrash pop horribleness extravaganza on Eurovision
-youth mob pillages in the exemplary welfare state, Sweden

Josquius

Surely the right massively approves of the traditional nationalism of eurovision?
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

I again tried to troll hungarian far-right blog commenters via ridiculous hyperbole sarcasm.

They thought I was serious  :(

lustindarkness

Two ladies at work forgot they had today off. Two of them. Apply for the Friday before a long weekend off, get it approved, and then forget and show up for work? WTF?!  :nelson:

I would forget my name and how to get home before I forget my days off.  :D
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 21, 2013, 03:37:20 PM
I apparently have to attend a graduation ceremony. For pre-schoolers.

WHAT LEVEL OF HELL IS THAT?

Ugh. Just awful. Screamy kids and their mongoloid parents.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

Note about public holidays in Austria/Germany: if a holiday falls on a weekend (e.g. May 1st might be a Sunday), then that's tough luck, so the actual amount of public holidays that mean work free days varies from year to year (e.g. this year Epiphany (6th Jan), Immaculate Conception (8th Dec) and the National Day (26th Oct) fall on weekends).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tonitrus

Does that chart represent a legal/state requirement?

After all, everyone in the U.S. military has paid holidays/vacation, so otherwise, it's immediately inaccurate.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould