Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Quote from: DGuller on May 13, 2013, 09:03:03 AM
Quote from: Liep on May 12, 2013, 09:15:48 AM
Quote from: Tonitrus on May 12, 2013, 09:04:26 AM
Sitting and watching would be imperfective, because they are indefinite processes(even though they happened in the past).  The ringing phone would be perfective (it happened once and was done), as would be mom calling.

It could be worse...the sitting and watching could also be formed as past active participles.  :P

I'll just avoid the participles for now. ;) So "Однажды, когда я сидел дома и смотрел телевизор, телефон вдруг позвонил. Это выла моя старая мама, которая позвонила."?
:lol: I don't think you meant "выла".

I gave it a pass, as mixing в and б is a common mistake for us latin-alphabet using westerners.  :sleep:

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Caliga

ват а кунтре!
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Larch

Map of density of racist and homophobic tweets in the US.

http://users.humboldt.edu/mstephens/hate/hate_map.html#

I didn't know that mid-westerners were so angry.

garbon

It is .html not .htm.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: The Larch on May 13, 2013, 11:51:22 AM
Map of density of racist and homophobic tweets in the US.

http://users.humboldt.edu/mstephens/hate/hate_map.html

I didn't know that mid-westerners were so angry.

I'm getting a 404 page.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

I like how it looks a lot less "hate"-ful if you zoom in.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Larch

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on May 13, 2013, 12:00:28 PM

Very few people tweet on the sub-atomic scale.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on May 13, 2013, 12:03:22 PM

Very few people tweet on the sub-atomic scale.

I was talking like one or two clicks, smartass.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

alfred russel

Last evening I was out for a run, going along peacefully, and WHAM! A bird flew into my face. It came in from the side and hit me in the cheek/edge of my mouth.

It was a small bird, I didn't get a good look at it, it could have been a bat. Has this ever happened to anyone? Has anyone ever had this happen to them? I've never heard of something like this before.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

fhdz

Quote from: alfred russel on May 13, 2013, 12:08:31 PM
Last evening I was out for a run, going along peacefully, and WHAM! A bird flew into my face. It came in from the side and hit me in the cheek/edge of my mouth.

It was a small bird, I didn't get a good look at it, it could have been a bat. Has this ever happened to anyone? Has anyone ever had this happen to them? I've never heard of something like this before.

That sounds like my worst nightmare :ph34r:
and the horse you rode in on

alfred russel

Quote from: fahdiz on May 13, 2013, 12:12:37 PM

That sounds like my worst nightmare :ph34r:

Why is that?

It didn't hurt--it hit hard enough that I checked for blood and if the bird/bat broke its neck, but both parties were unharmed. Just bizarre and unexpected.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Caliga

About a year ago I opened the front door to throw spent coffee grounds into the yard and a fucking mockingbird flew right into my face and then into the house behind me.  It took me like 10 minutes to get the fucking thing to fly back outside. :mad:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

Whereas if you zoom out, all of the eastern half of the country is hateful. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.