News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phillip V

Quote from: Neil on May 14, 2013, 09:41:41 PM
I'm posting from a nice hotel in Indianapolis.
How is Sprint data coverage there? I will be in Indy next week.

derspiess

Quote from: Neil on May 14, 2013, 10:01:51 PM
Indeed.  I will be forced to feign enthusiasm for autoracing.  Although at least it's Formula 1 and not NASCAR.  That's something.

Yep.  Formula 1 is tolerable if I have to watch it.  If I see NASCAR on TV I feel like I need to take a shower afterwards.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Neil

Quote from: Phillip V on May 14, 2013, 10:08:14 PM
No idea.  I'm on an AT&T network, and am avoiding international data roaming charges like the plague.  It's wifi for me.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

DGuller

Indeed.  I will be forced to feign enthusiasm for autoracing.  Although at least it's Formula 1 and not NASCAR.  That's something.
You'll need to work a lot harder at that feigning stuff.   :secret: Indy 500 is not a Formula 1 race.

derspiess

Quote from: Phillip V on May 14, 2013, 10:08:14 PM

It's always pretty good when I roll through there.  Only exception was Final 4 a few years ago, but that's due to the crowd.  It's better than Cincy nowadays.  I think they even have 4G LTE there now. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Neil

Quote from: DGuller on May 14, 2013, 09:48:43 PM
My city's Mayor Quimby lost the election.  :(  I guess being photographed naked while passed out drunk, being arrested for fighting cops while drunk, and having every acquaintance since kindergarten jailed for corruption proved to be too much for Jersey City residents.  Even Obama's endorsement didn't help.
My guess is that it was the Obama endorsement that killed him.  All that shit is bad, but didn't Obama try and cover up that somebody said something at a press conference that Congressional Republicans didn't like?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: DGuller on May 14, 2013, 10:11:12 PM
You'll need to work a lot harder at that feigning stuff.   :secret: Indy 500 is not a Formula 1 race.
See, it's good that I come here.

DGuller

Quote from: garbon on May 14, 2013, 10:06:34 PM
My city's Mayor Quimby lost the election.  :(  I guess being photographed naked while passed out drunk, being arrested for fighting cops while drunk, and having every acquaintance since kindergarten jailed for corruption proved to be too much for Jersey City residents.  Even Obama's endorsement didn't help.

The latinos were pretty vicious on that.
It might have something to do with the fact that a week before the election, he tried to explain away that incident by saying that three Latino girls lured him out of his home onto the porch, pulled off his towel once he got outside, and then ran away.  :hmm:

Phillip V

DGuller

This guy is no longer my mayor.  :(

Ed Anger

Mart can pay for his services.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Iormlund

As of next month there'll be another Languishite on the dole.  :glare:

CountDeMoney

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on May 14, 2013, 10:14:48 PM
Quote from: garbon on May 14, 2013, 10:06:34 PM

The latinos were pretty vicious on that.
It might have something to do with the fact that a week before the election, he tried to explain away that incident by saying that three Latino girls lured him out of his home onto the porch, pulled off his towel once he got outside, and then ran away.  :hmm:

Well yes. Probably also didn't help that he suggested "the girls" did sexual things to him as well.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.