The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on May 01, 2013, 08:09:39 PM
Quote from: derspiess on May 01, 2013, 07:41:06 PM
Quote from: garbon on May 01, 2013, 07:33:36 PM
I've been signed up to go on a ghost hunt. :hmm:

Make sure to bring sophisticated-looking equipment that gives readouts nobody understands but is still used as evidence of the presence of ghosts.

The company's website told us to bring our own cameras and they'd show us how to use them as ghost finders. :D

Eh, my friend just got laid off so I'm indulging her. Granted her negotiated severance still puts her miles above me.

Did they mention the app that uses your phone's sensors and "proprietary algorithms" to find ghosts?  :P

Anyway, I don't believe in ghosts but I'm a sucker for a good ghost story, especially if it's in a creepy building where weird stuff happened.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on May 01, 2013, 08:44:15 PM
Anyway, I don't believe in ghosts but I'm a sucker for a good ghost story, especially if it's in a creepy building where weird stuff happened.

Heh.  Shit like old asylums and stuff.

You ever wonder how many people buy homes that were once murder scenes, and don't know about it?

Sheilbh

I'm currently living in a late Victorian hospital for the infants of a nearby orphanage.... :unsure:
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

You will tell us when the lambs stop screaming, won't you, Shiv?

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 01, 2013, 08:46:30 PM

You ever wonder how many people buy homes that were once murder scenes, and don't know about it?

Oh yeah.  Abandoned amusement parks are pretty cool, too.  I've spent way too much time on the Forgotten Ohio site-- it's kinda like trespassing by proxy.

A few of my favorites:

Old hospital up near Ed: http://www.forgottenoh.com/Franciscan/franciscan.html

Amusement park overgrown with trees & brush: http://www.forgottenoh.com/Chippewa/chippewa.html

Tuberculosis hospital: http://www.forgottenoh.com/LimaTB/limatb.html
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

sbr

One of the buildings on the campus of the hospital I work at is an old TB hospital and is on the registry of Haunted Buildings in Portland.

MadImmortalMan

One of the sites for my work used to be an asylum. It has a room with an electroshock machine and a place on the grounds with lots of anonymous grave markers. Plus it's totally gothic-looking like it's right out of Frankenstein.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

The Brain

There's a big building in Stockholm that used to house the Swedish Tax Agency.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

PDH

The College of Education at UW has a lot of zombies walking around in it.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

CountDeMoney

Holy sodium fuckballs, just saw a commercial for Arby's:  they're serving King's Hawaiian with their sammiches now, FOR A LIMITED TIME.

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on May 01, 2013, 08:55:56 PM

Oh yeah.  Abandoned amusement parks are pretty cool, too.  I've spent way too much time on the Forgotten Ohio site-- it's kinda like trespassing by proxy.

A few of my favorites:

Ah, Saint E's. I had a butt scan there.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 01, 2013, 09:19:53 PM
Holy sodium fuckballs, just saw a commercial for Arby's:  they're serving King's Hawaiian with their sammiches now, FOR A LIMITED TIME.

KING'S HAWAIIAN Roast Beef & Swiss
Ingredients and Allergen Info (PDF) | Gluten (PDF) | Nutrition Info (PDF)
Serving Weight (g)    257    Trans Fat (g)    1.5    Sugars (g)    20
Calories    600    Cholesterol (mg)    150    Proteins (g)    34
Calories from Fat    220    Sodium (mg)    1640    Vitamin A (% DV)    8
Fat - Total (g)    25    Total Carbohydrates (g)    61    Vitamin C (% DV)    4
Saturated Fat (g)    12    Dietary Fiber (g)    2    Calcium (% DV)    20
            Iron (% DV)    30

Nice fat pill.  :lol:

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

fhdz

Quote from: sbr on May 01, 2013, 09:04:56 PM
One of the buildings on the campus of the hospital I work at is an old TB hospital and is on the registry of Haunted Buildings in Portland.

and the horse you rode in on

The Brain

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 01, 2013, 09:21:15 PM
Quote from: derspiess on May 01, 2013, 08:55:56 PM

A few of my favorites:

Ah, Saint E's. I had a butt scan there.

That when they found it no longer monkey?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

They were studying my ass for awesomeness.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive