Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on May 01, 2013, 05:22:32 PM
Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on May 01, 2013, 09:48:07 AM
Quote from: garbon on April 30, 2013, 10:31:17 PM
Florida? Ugh.

:banned:

Florida is shitty. It's like someone wanted to re-create Southern California but left out the good parts and added hurricanes and humidity.

:lol:

As a fellow climate snob I can really appreciate this kind of post.

Eddie Teach

Florida is warmer than southern California and less crowded.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 01, 2013, 05:25:54 PM
Florida is warmer than southern California and less crowded.

That greatly depends where you are. I wouldn't say the Palm Springs area is colder nor is it very crowded.

Besides warmer + humidity is awful.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: garbon on May 01, 2013, 05:22:32 PM
Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on May 01, 2013, 09:48:07 AM
Quote from: garbon on April 30, 2013, 10:31:17 PM
Florida? Ugh.

:banned:

Florida is shitty. It's like someone wanted to re-create Southern California but left out the good parts and added hurricanes and humidity.

Southern California is shitty. It's like someone wanted to re-create South Florida but left out the good parts and added earthquakes and wildfires.

garbon

Well yes you can mimic my sentence but that doesn't make your statement true. :console:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

garbon

Side note but do we have anyone who really enjoys humid climates? I've never heard anyone say "It's a humid day, rock on!"

garbon

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: garbon on May 01, 2013, 05:34:33 PM
Side note but do we have anyone who really enjoys humid climates? I've never heard anyone say "It's a humid day, rock on!"

:unsure:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on May 01, 2013, 05:37:25 PM

Weirdo.

garbon

What? Honest question. I only ever hear people complain about humidity and wondered if it was just selective hearing on my part. :D -_-

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 01, 2013, 05:39:16 PM

Weirdo.

Oh...yes then.

Eddie Teach

You know, in five months I haven't noticed a single earthquake. I feel gypped.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Weirdo.

Yes, yes I am.  However, I don't like being a walking ball of static electricity in the winter.  Nor do I like the dried out, cracked, and bleeding skin I get in the winter when I do not constantly apply various skin care products to my hands.

garbon

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on May 01, 2013, 05:48:15 PM
Weirdo.

Yes, yes I am.  However, I don't like being a walking ball of static electricity in the winter.  Nor do I like the dried out, cracked, and bleeding skin I get in the winter when I do not constantly apply various skin care products to my hands.

Those things have happened to me in the northeast - which I think also is in part due to cold air. Never really happened to me in California.