News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 01, 2013, 06:19:38 AM
Video of that National Air Cargo 747 going down at Bagram Air Base on Monday.

http://youtu.be/vo51Be2jL8c

Looks like it simply stalled and dropped.  7 fatalities.

There's an article on wired, author suspect shifting cargo to explain the crazy angle & what seem to be the pilot inability to rectify it.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Liep

Prime Minister Helle Thorning-Schmidt booed from stage at May 1st rally. I guess taking money from the poor and giving it to companies isn't a popular move among workers.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

And also, someone learned that shooting a gun at the PM is a bad idea, even if it just is a water gun. :lol:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

Snails are fast food? :wacko:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

lustindarkness

My only problems with FL is:
1) no mountains, no hills, flat flat flat
2) too many damn ricans <_<
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Eddie Teach

Too many old people and flying insects too. But nowhere's perfect.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

HVC

And it's backwards. Rednecks are in the north.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 01, 2013, 07:07:02 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 01, 2013, 06:19:38 AM
Video of that National Air Cargo 747 going down at Bagram Air Base on Monday.

http://youtu.be/vo51Be2jL8c

Looks like it simply stalled and dropped.  7 fatalities.

There's an article on wired, author suspect shifting cargo to explain the crazy angle & what seem to be the pilot inability to rectify it.

Yeah, that's a very real and distinct possibility, but there were thunderstorms in the area as well.

QuoteA thunderstorm with Cumulonimbus clouds was approaching the air base at the time of the accident. A weather report shows winds began shifting from 100 degrees [from the east] at 09:55 UTC to 350 degrees [from the north] at 10:55 UTC. Accident time was about 15:00 LT / 10:30 UTC

That kind of radical change in wind direction and strength could've sucked the air right away from the intakes, forcing a stall.

Jacob

Iormlund

Josephus

The Orgasm: Opiate of the masses.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Jacob

Quote from: Liep on May 01, 2013, 04:16:41 AM
In 45 minutes the police will be testing the warning system installed in every city in Denmark, as they do every year on the first wednesday in may. Each year the news are running stories about how thousands of people call the police telling them there's a strange loud noise. And each year I'm surprised by how stupid some people are. My memory sucks too. :(

They only do it once a year? When did that change?

When I was growing up, they tested the air raid sirens every wednesday afternoon (or was it at noon? something like that).

garbon

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on May 01, 2013, 09:48:07 AM
Quote from: garbon on April 30, 2013, 10:31:17 PM
Florida? Ugh.

:banned:

Florida is shitty. It's like someone wanted to re-create Southern California but left out the good parts and added hurricanes and humidity.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.