News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

QuoteMy roommates helped me make some green tea rice krispies. It's delicious! Of course, I drank tea with it as well, and then had some matcha since it was already out and I wanted some tea while my tea was steeping.
Just plain green tea or macha?
I was at some awesome 'everything' shop today and found in its supermarket an entire section of macha flavoured stuff. Which is awesome. Macha aero is odd.

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 24, 2013, 02:53:37 AM
I've seen a bit of anime with two chicks banging each other. That's "yuri" right?
:yes:
██████
██████
██████

Syt

With the MLB Opening Day coming up, I ordered two new retro jerseys (Padres and Expos) and a Pittsburgh road jersey. I originally wanted a retro Astros jersey, but after seeing that design on not one but two hipsters in town (one wore it in the form of a 1986 All Star jacket), I decided to skip that.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

Ugh,I just had a 70's flashback.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

That Elbows jersey looks nice. 

How do you know the dudes with the Astros jackets weren't hard kor fans like you instead of hipsters sporting a look? :hmm:

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Ed Anger

Millionaire uses kickstarter to send kid to school, whiny poors upset:

http://www.playereffort.com/?p=3884

Syt

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 24, 2013, 02:47:56 PM
That Elbows jersey looks nice. 

How do you know the dudes with the Astros jackets weren't hard kor fans like you instead of hipsters sporting a look? :hmm:

Gut feeling. :unsure:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Ed Anger

Quote from: Syt on March 24, 2013, 02:56:46 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 24, 2013, 02:45:43 PM
Ugh,I just had a 70's flashback.

In that case, enjoy the White Sox' alternate jersey for the 2013 season:

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=15395006&cp=1452347.1452701.709745

:P

Ugh, 208 dollars. This is why I buy jerseys from the back of a truck at a flea market.

Syt

Apparently a guy in Lower Austria kept a Slovakian nurse for a few months in his basement and hired her out as a prostitute. He beat her if she was unwilling and threatened to kill her son if she wasn't cooperating.

Police say she's not the first victim and that he pulled a similar scheme with other women from Eastern Europe.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Lettow77

Quote from: Tyr on March 24, 2013, 08:34:54 AM
Just plain green tea or macha?
I was at some awesome 'everything' shop today and found in its supermarket an entire section of macha flavoured stuff. Which is awesome. Macha aero is odd.

Yeah, it was matcha. I didn't want to needlessly confuse, so I said green tea.

Tea-flavoured everything is one of the only ways Japan's cuisine redeems itself.

Shortly before being eaten:
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Eddie Teach

Looks like puke-flavored rice krispie treats.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 24, 2013, 11:25:25 PM
Looks like puke-flavored rice krispie treats.

General Mills' new Pukey Pebbles.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)