News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Boredom....out of control. Shatner like typing.....detected.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Lettow77

My roommates helped me make some green tea rice krispies. It's delicious! Of course, I drank tea with it as well, and then had some matcha since it was already out and I wanted some tea while my tea was steeping.

I feel bouncy! The extraordinarily convenient part is that I have lost my chair but gained a giant bouncy-ball, which, so typically an inconvenient and glaringly dissonant aspect of my room, is now seamlessly in unity of purpose with my impulses and disposition

such that I am

bouncing

edit: autism maps
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

garbon

I just spent 5 hours in downtownish Brooklyn. It is so bad but so true that Brooklyn is quite different from Manhattan.  I was also shocked that we were easily able to hail down a yellow cab.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

I may have had a few cocktails.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

Huh. Marks & Spencer have a German language webstore now, even though they have no physical presence in Germany or Austria.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

alfred russel

Lettow, as usual I don't have a clue what is going on in your post, but it is good to see you posting again.  :)
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Razgovory

Quote from: alfred russel on March 24, 2013, 01:40:03 AM
Lettow, as usual I don't have a clue what is going on in your post, but it is good to see you posting again.  :)

Yeah, it's nice to see he's okay.  I was wondering how he was.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

How is Yuri not in the Ero section?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Lettow77

There could be yuri in the erokawaii section; for the most part, it doesn't belong, though.

"Yuri" as understood here is much closer to the garden for maidens/ rejection of masculinity "sheltered world" premise you see in yuri such as Aoi Hana, Sasameki Koto, Candy Boy, or Blue Drop- a more intimate and passionate extension of the two girl friendship archetype you see in things like Marimite, Amanchu, Hidamari Sketch, Haibane Renmei, or so on. It is the intensification of "class S" and has little to no sense of titillation and an absence of the male gaze in art and direction.

Contrast YuruYuri, which although about middle school girls, floats into the ero range- played for laughs, it is still an ero-oriented tone and very different from anything that'd be in Otome-kei. (It is not an accident that Otome-kei and Ero are opposites.)

Do you actually watch much yuri? Do you have any titles you think would be appropriate to list on the autism chart?

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Lettow77

I really didn't think so, if you thought it belonged in the ero section.  :)

Eddie Teach

I've seen a bit of anime with two chicks banging each other. That's "yuri" right?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

I've got this feeling that not this is a case where not knowing is a a good thing.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on March 24, 2013, 03:18:18 AM
I've got this feeling that not this is a case where not knowing is a a good thing.

I not sure but think understand this sentence means.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory