News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

I just Youtubed Croppies Lie Down, never having heard it, and it sounds very ballady.  Was expecting something more march-like and kickass.

That could be a function of the fact that the dude singing it was an old coot with a lisp.

DGuller

I've been to a Shoprite in Parsippany for a first time in a year, and boy, did it change.  It was selling acohol of all kinds right there on the shelves.  Wine, beer, hard liquors, all of it.  It was a bit surreal to have a shelf selling bourbons, and five feet to the left have a shelf selling crayons.  :blink:  There must've been a hell of an ordinance change recently.

garbon

So it has entered a civilized era?

Always weird here in Manhattan that Gristedes and Morton Williams have shoprite brand products.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

FunkMonk

Loose Change parody, Luke's Change: An Inside Job http://youtu.be/2dvv-Yib1Xg

:D
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

garbon

I just had to teach the word "sex" to my kindle fire's autocorrect. WTF?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Quote from: FunkMonk on March 17, 2013, 09:30:58 PM

Fuck you FunkMonk - I came here specifically to link to that video. :ultra:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

11B4V

Quote from: DGuller on March 17, 2013, 03:58:31 PM
I've been to a Shoprite in Parsippany for a first time in a year, and boy, did it change.  It was selling acohol of all kinds right there on the shelves.  Wine, beer, hard liquors, all of it.  It was a bit surreal to have a shelf selling bourbons, and five feet to the left have a shelf selling crayons.  :blink:  There must've been a hell of an ordinance change recently.

WA state just privatized. Booze everywhere.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: 11B4V on March 18, 2013, 01:09:51 AM
Quote from: DGuller on March 17, 2013, 03:58:31 PM

WA state just privatized. Booze everywhere.

Dude I've been considering moving up there recently, but the booze plan is to import from Nevada. In bulk.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

The noble steed of Tamas, resting after returning from a patrol of the family beet field.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

FunkMonk

Quote from: Barrister on March 17, 2013, 11:40:47 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on March 17, 2013, 09:30:58 PM

Fuck you FunkMonk - I came here specifically to link to that video. :ultra:

:showoff:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Tamas

FU Tim :P

My REAL noble steed:

DGuller

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 18, 2013, 06:20:06 AM
The noble steed of Tamas, resting after returning from a patrol of the family beet field.

Those must be a bitch to synchronize.  And I imagine that this goat is going to lose its hearing very quickly and symmetrically.

CountDeMoney

I'm never goofing on people who always play the lottery anymore, thinking they're pissing away their precious few dollars, since I'm down to the same empty, hollow sense of desperation. :lol:

Two $1 million Power Ball tickets sold in Maryland.  Ugh, *this* close!   :mad:

Admiral Yi

I quit buying Power Balls when they jacked the price to 2 clams.