Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Tamas on March 18, 2013, 09:27:45 AM
FU Tim :P

My REAL noble steed:

You ride on top of someone's car to work?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 18, 2013, 11:49:24 AM
I quit buying Power Balls when they jacked the price to 2 clams.

I figure, since I quit buying cigarettes as often and have moved on to vaping for the occasional nicotine fix, I can parlay my sin costs to extra tickets.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 18, 2013, 12:09:49 PM
I figure, since I quit buying cigarettes as often and have moved on to vaping for the occasional nicotine fix, I can parlay my sin costs to extra tickets.

Wut?  Is that the new word for mooching?

CountDeMoney

E-cigs.  Water vapor with nicotine.  All the rage with the new age all-natural hipster crowd.  Cheaper than smokes, no smell or ashes.

Admiral Yi

:bleeding:

You went full fag.  Never go full fag.

Malthus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 18, 2013, 11:38:43 AM
I'm never goofing on people who always play the lottery anymore, thinking they're pissing away their precious few dollars, since I'm down to the same empty, hollow sense of desperation. :lol:

Two $1 million Power Ball tickets sold in Maryland.  Ugh, *this* close!   :mad:

I saw an ad for a credit counselling service basically making fun of lottery players. I thought it in poor taste.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 18, 2013, 12:15:07 PM
E-cigs.  Water vapor with nicotine.  All the rage with the new age all-natural hipster crowd.  Cheaper than smokes, no smell or ashes.

Heh, Health Canada takes the position that (a) such things are medical devices requiring a medical device licence to sell; and (b) they will never grant a licence.

Evidently, they are of the opinion that smokers should quit or die, not inhabit some lousy halfway house.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 18, 2013, 12:22:54 PM

Actually probably less now that he just has one faux-fag.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

Therefore it's available in your cloest family friendly Indian reservation.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 18, 2013, 12:22:54 PM

:lol:

I only do it in the privacy of my own home, precisely where cock sucking can be hidden.

And at a pack a day at $7.95 was enough cock sucking.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Malthus on March 18, 2013, 12:32:23 PM

Heh, Health Canada takes the position that (a) such things are medical devices requiring a medical device licence to sell; and (b) they will never grant a licence.

Evidently, they are of the opinion that smokers should quit or die, not inhabit some lousy halfway house.  :lol:

Yeah, that's why they don't market them as "smoke cessation aids", less the full weight of the FDA fall upon them.

Malthus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 18, 2013, 12:43:24 PM
Quote from: Malthus on March 18, 2013, 12:32:23 PM

Yeah, that's why they don't market them as "smoke cessation aids", less the full weight of the FDA fall upon them.

My understanding is that the FDA in the US attempted to pull the same trick as Health Canada, and regulate 'em no matter what the claims, but got their ass kicked in court and had to back down.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/26/business/26tobacco.html?_r=0

So, no claiming to be "smoke cessation aids" in the US, but you can sell 'em. In Canada, Health Canada doesn't (yet) care WTF you claim, they are still illegal.

Admiral Yi

Woo hoo!  Already got my state refund back.  :punk:

Liep

3 shootings in one day in Copenhagen. Can Los Angeles keep up with that per capita?

EDIT: All in the metro area and all gang related, and only one bystander got shot. But he had that ridiculous haircut all the gang members have, so I guess he deserved it.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Just charging some old, odd sized NiCd batteries, when I realised they must be 30 years old. :gasp:

Good grief that's a hell of a lot better performance than many modern NiMh ones that often give up the ghost after a few years.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"