News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote"We're dealing with a man who is innocent until proven guilty," he said. "He's got to be protected."

But, you know, once he's convicted, there's no reason to be upset about any violence he faces in prison.  JUSTICE EVERYBODY!

If there's one thing that really makes me believe that humanity is rotten to the core, it's the idea that prison violence, even sexual violence, is A-OK.  If you really feel that way, why not just kill them?  Or are we deep inside just a race of torturers?  Probably.  That's why I get weird looks when I say offenders of this nature should just be executed.  Well, then, quit being hypocrites about it and just have a GS-7 whose job it is to cornhole convicts, if you feel so strongly about man-on-man surprise sex.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Tonitrus

Indeed.  Prison is supposed to be a controlled environment.  If prisoners are just going to be allowed to run wild, then just throw them onto an island penal colony with Ray Liotta.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tonitrus on March 16, 2013, 10:02:59 PM
then just throw them onto an island penal colony with Ray Liotta.

The opening scene during the credits of that movie was the best part of that turd.  Talk about breaking rank like a motherfucker.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Ideologue on March 16, 2013, 09:57:17 PM
But, you know, once he's convicted, there's no reason to be upset about any violence he faces in prison.  JUSTICE EVERYBODY!

If there's one thing that really makes me believe that humanity is rotten to the core, it's the idea that prison violence, even sexual violence, is A-OK.  If you really feel that way, why not just kill them?  Or are we deep inside just a race of torturers?  Probably.  That's why I get weird looks when I say offenders of this nature should just be executed.  Well, then, quit being hypocrites about it and just have a GS-7 whose job it is to cornhole convicts, if you feel so strongly about man-on-man surprise sex.

I don't think most people think prison violence is A-OK.  But it seems the only way to guarantee zero prison violence is to put every inmate in a supermax.

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 16, 2013, 11:22:40 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on March 16, 2013, 09:57:17 PM

I don't think most people think prison violence is A-OK.  But it seems the only way to guarantee zero prison violence is to put every inmate in a supermax.

:)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tonitrus

The idea that criminal punishes should just be locking someone in a cage for a number of years and then simply releasing them is only a couple hundred years old.  And also not particularly effective.

The only problem is, all the other historical punishments have been outlawed as inhumane.  And there aren't really any good viable alternatives.

Ideologue

Quote from: Tonitrus on March 16, 2013, 11:38:34 PM
The idea that criminal punishes should just be locking someone in a cage for a number of years and then simply releasing them is only a couple hundred years old.  And also not particularly effective.

The only problem is, all the other historical punishments have been outlawed as inhumane.  And there aren't really any good viable alternatives.

I liked that Norwegian Star Trek prison.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on March 16, 2013, 11:48:44 PM
I liked that Norwegian Star Trek prison.

Does it come complete with holodeck?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

Wearing an orange shirt & drinking some Bushmills single malt :punk:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on March 17, 2013, 02:02:37 PM

That's showing them!

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 17, 2013, 02:03:29 PM

That's showing them!

You know it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

After you get good and lickered up are you going to beat a drum outside and sing "Croppies Lie Down?"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 17, 2013, 02:03:29 PM

That's showing them!

The douchebag's not telling you the shirt has "Bengals" on it.

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 17, 2013, 02:12:45 PM
After you get good and lickered up are you going to beat a drum outside and sing "Croppies Lie Down?"

We'll see. Not as many IRA sympathizing shitheads here in Cincy as there were when I lived on the east coast.  So usually when I go out here my wearing orange doesn't generate as much conversation & I leave it at that.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on March 17, 2013, 02:55:30 PM
So usually when I go out here my wearing orange doesn't generate as much conversation & I leave it at that.

Yeah, that probably happens all the time with Bengals apparel.