News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Special Ed's ratings were in the shitter, IIRC.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on March 14, 2013, 09:26:37 AM
Of course, if you search wife, you also find an announcement from Schultz in January that his wife's last scan showed her to be cancer free.

I think they call it "remission".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on March 14, 2013, 09:30:00 AM
Special Ed's ratings were in the shitter, IIRC.

I hope Rachel Maddow assaults you with a strap-on.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 14, 2013, 09:30:52 AM
Of course, if you search wife, you also find an announcement from Schultz in January that his wife's last scan showed her to be cancer free.

I think they call it "remission".

It just seems like an odd time for him to want to take time off given that she was doing most of her battling last year.  In fact, the only article I can find that even gets at potential reasoning is huffpo calling it a demotion.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

A guy doesn't suddenly stop being a tool when his wife gets cancer.

Boner Monkey reads Variety?  :hmm:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on March 14, 2013, 09:32:48 AM
It just seems like an odd time for him to want to take time off given that she was doing most of her battling last year.  In fact, the only article I can find that even gets at potential reasoning is huffpo calling it a demotion.

It's a shitty time slot anyway.  How can you compete with The Biggest Loser?  Hell, even I skip Big Ed for that.

Ed Anger

Seedy's feeling a bit grumpy. I'd give him a hug, but I've got consumption right now.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 14, 2013, 09:33:14 AM
A guy doesn't suddenly stop being a tool when his wife gets cancer.

Boner Monkey reads Variety?  :hmm:

I'm complicated.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 14, 2013, 09:34:58 AM
Seedy's feeling a bit grumpy. I'd give him a hug, but I've got consumption right now.

I have cholera! :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

I got dibs on melancholy.

Admiral Yi

garbon

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

DGuller

Yeah, cancer is like chicken pox.  Once it's cured, you get lifetime immunity.

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on March 14, 2013, 09:52:34 AM
Yeah, cancer is like chicken pox.  Once it's cured, you get lifetime immunity.

Cool! :)