News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Yeah, been using some bleach as well.  I think it's giving way.

Ideologue

Speaking of bleach, I went to the dentist's today.  Fucking, like, ouch, man.

Seriously, I'm glad we noticed the UV-hardened guard material didn't have 100% coverage ten minutes into the process, because just that amount of time was enough to do a fair amount of damage.  If the H2O2 sat there hour I think I'd have needed hospitalization and fistfulls of antibiotics.  Otherwise, and I'm not being sarcastic here, really excellent job.  I look a lot less like a chain smoker.

Unfortunately, I have about $2000 worth of procedures--on top of the $750 I spent today on the whitening and on a standard cleaning and the associated X-rays you get when you haven't been to the dentist in 2 years--I should have done.  DENTAL PLAN HUNTER NEEDS SEALING SCALING AND ROOT PLANING DENTAL PLAN

P.S. should've gone to dental school.  Talk to a guy for ten minutes, have rather-attractive-for-40-year-old-women techs doing all the actual work.  That's the American dream.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 13, 2013, 08:48:04 PM

You were really supposed to take issue with my probably illegal and 100% bad-for-the-environment dumping of bleach into public sewer systems.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on March 13, 2013, 08:54:22 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 13, 2013, 08:48:04 PM

You were really supposed to take issue with my probably illegal and 100% bad-for-the-environment dumping of bleach into public sewer systems.

Well fuck it, back of the Liquid Plumbr bottle says "not for use in toilets", too.  But I'm one toilet down here.  I trust the boys down at the treatment plant are on their jobs.  They're union.

Ideologue

Fair enough.  I do usually try to give peace a chance, but by flush five, it's NaClO time.
Kinemalogue

CountDeMoney

Ideologue

Also,

Quoteback of the Liquid Plumbr bottle says "not for use in toilets",

Lol.  Do guns say "not for use on humans" on 'em?
Kinemalogue

Ed Anger

That shit ate the pipes out of one of my cans years ago.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Phillip V

Florida's Lieutenant Governor Resigns Amid Gambling Scandal

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/14/us/lt-gov-jennifer-carroll-of-florida-resigns.html

Last year, Ms. Carroll was forced to defend herself after a former aide said in a court filing that she had caught the lieutenant governor in a compromising position with another female aide. Ms. Carroll, who is married and has three children, inflamed the scandal by saying, "Black women who look like me don't engage in relationships like that."

jimmy olsen

Whoops!

QuoteIn 1921, workers discovered that 4,500 tons of ammonium nitrate stored in a warehouse had hardened during a period of wet weather into an unusable mass. So, to loosen it up, they drilled holes in it, stuck some dynamite in, and lit the fuse. The resulting blast killed more than 500 people (including those workers), destroyed 80 percent of the homes in the town, and ripped the roofs off of homes 15 miles away.

It's difficult to blame them, though, since no one knew at the time about the fertilizer's explosive properties. And they were keen to not let such a valuable resource go to waste.

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/the_efficient_planet/2013/03/nitrogen_fixation_anniversary_modern_agriculture_needs_to_use_fertilizer.2.html
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Ed Schultz got demoted to weekends. HA HA

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 14, 2013, 09:12:43 AM

His wife is going through some severe medical issues, and he's going to spend more time with her dealing with it.
So there, hatefucker.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Ideologue on March 13, 2013, 09:04:37 PM
Also,

Quoteback of the Liquid Plumbr bottle says "not for use in toilets",

Lol.  Do guns say "not for use on humans" on 'em?

Because it's not. It will break your toilet and might fuck with the wax ring. Poor it in a sink.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 14, 2013, 09:14:29 AM

His wife is going through some severe medical issues, and he's going to spend more time with her dealing with it.
So there, hatefucker.

VARIETY DIDN'T MENTION THAT.

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 14, 2013, 09:17:53 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 14, 2013, 09:14:29 AM

So there, hatefucker.

VARIETY DIDN'T MENTION THAT.

Neither is anyone else. Most articles leave it unspecified though you can get hits from user comments if you search wife.  Of course, if you search wife, you also find an announcement from Schultz in January that his wife's last scan showed her to be cancer free.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.