News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

It would have been nice to see her successful. Or at least have a somewhat respectable showing.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

derspiess

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on March 04, 2013, 05:00:39 PM
It would have been nice to see her successful. Or at least have a somewhat respectable showing.

Nah, this was more entertaining.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

When we had that big ice storm in 2009 and lost power for like 3 or 4 days Princesca and I ate MREs.  I liked the ones we had. :)  I remember one was some southwestern beans and rice thing, and another one was spaghetti.  Only thing was that they were way too salty.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Quote from: fahdiz on March 04, 2013, 04:54:03 PMChrist. :lol: Poor girl, that had to be one of the most embarrassing moments of her life.

She personally set Meri back 25 years.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on March 04, 2013, 05:13:26 PM
When we had that big ice storm in 2009 and lost power for like 3 or 4 days Princesca and I ate MREs.  I liked the ones we had. :)  I remember one was some southwestern beans and rice thing, and another one was spaghetti.  Only thing was that they were way too salty.

The last MRE I ate....

http://www.longlifefood.com/Pepperoni-Sandwich-Pouch/productinfo/P1400/#

It is still in my colon.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

All young girls should be made to watch that 6-second clip.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on March 04, 2013, 05:23:02 PM

THIS IS WHAT WHORES DO

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 04, 2013, 05:22:25 PM

The last MRE I ate....

It is still in my colon.

Wait a minute.  Is that just an uncut log of pepperoni surrounded by bread?  :unsure:

Ed Anger

I don't like my kids watching failures.

derspiess

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on March 04, 2013, 05:24:17 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 04, 2013, 05:22:25 PM

The last MRE I ate....

It is still in my colon.

Wait a minute.  Is that just an uncut log of pepperoni surrounded by bread?  :unsure:

Basically. I wouldn't have paid for it.

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 04, 2013, 05:24:20 PM

Lots of valuable lessons to be learned by watching others fail.

DGuller

Quote from: frunk on March 04, 2013, 04:56:30 PM
Quote from: DGuller on March 01, 2013, 12:49:11 PM
I don't see any other way to compare passwords for similarity without having them unencrypted (especially against a next-to-last password, which wouldn't even be entered on a "new password" screen).  You can check to see if the passwords are exactly the same, just by storing all of the encrypted ones. 

However, I just don't see how you can check if the passwords are almost the same without needing them to be unencrypted.  If encryption system made similar unencrypted passwords also look similar when encrypted, then it's a very crappy encryption system, because someone trying to guess it will know how close he's getting to the right password.

It could be that they aren't using a proper one-way encryption, and they are unencrypting the stored value to do the compare.  Which effectively means it isn't usefully encrypted, but it would look like it was.

Alternatively the password change form itself could require entering the old password, allowing it to compare right at the moment without storing the value.
Yeah, I can understand comparing the passwords next to one another.  Those can be done on the client side, since you have to enter the old password before setting the new one.  However, that wouldn't work for comparing next to last password against the proposed new password.

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on March 04, 2013, 05:25:21 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 04, 2013, 05:24:20 PM

Lots of valuable lessons to be learned by watching others fail.

Still too early for them to watch WWII documentaries.

derspiess

Lola is really into "My Little Pony" now.  I've avoided the Brony waves thus far.