News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Vader choked that officer for a good reason.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Which is why I always avoid conference rooms.

SOMETHING JUST HAPPENED GOTTA MISS THE MEETING HIT YOUR EMAIL LATER

Ed Anger

:lol:

the body bags leaving conference room C were a clue
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

Quote from: C.C.R. on January 26, 2013, 11:01:40 AM
Boo-urns.  The dog that belongs to the Hot Chick that lives Kennedy-Corner from me (you know, Back And To The Left) likes to bust outside & come up to my back fence to say "Hi!" to Stanley, and she used to have to come outside & get him, giving me a chance to Ogle her.  Unfortunately, though, her dog is learning to Listen when she calls him back, so I don't get to Check Her Out...

:(

This sounds like a job for strategically placed bacon.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tyr on January 26, 2013, 10:10:36 PM
This sounds like a job for strategically placed bacon.

I've found that doesn't work on most American chicks.

CountDeMoney

Had one of two recently adopted cats returned to the shelter;  the guy that adopted them said it wasn't working out, and one had to go back.

The two cats--brothers from the same litter, so they were a adopted out as a bonded pair--apparently weren't using their individually assigned litter boxes.  They were peeing in one box and shitting in the other, which is what usually happens in households with multiple cats.  Well, this was simply unacceptable.  Their boxes were assigned to them, and they were not following the protocol he established.  They weren't even reading their names on the boxes.  Yes, that's right.  Names on the boxes.  Because cats can read.

Also, they were cutting in to each others' food.  When he was asked if he tried to feed them separately by placing their food in different areas at the same time, he said--get this, this is the exact fucking quote--he "didn't want too get too involved in their dynamic".

We'll take the cat back, thank you very much.

garbon

My credit/debit cards came in the mail today! I feel like a real person again. Also I now have my first card with a chip in it. When I reported it missing in Paris, AmEx must have decided it was time to make my card international as it'd been chipless previously.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

If you have cards with RFID chips in them, score yourself an RFID-shielded wallet.   Your card can be snooped by as far away as 6 feet.  And Amex cards are at a premium in the stolen RFID racket, particularly if you're going to keep traveling internationally.

garbon

I guess I"ll have to find out as I've no idea.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

syk

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 26, 2013, 10:37:54 PM
Had one of two recently adopted cats returned to the shelter;  the guy that adopted them said it wasn't working out, and one had to go back.

The two cats--brothers from the same litter, so they were a adopted out as a bonded pair--apparently weren't using their individually assigned litter boxes.  They were peeing in one box and shitting in the other, which is what usually happens in households with multiple cats.  Well, this was simply unacceptable.  Their boxes were assigned to them, and they were not following the protocol he established.  They weren't even reading their names on the boxes.  Yes, that's right.  Names on the boxes.  Because cats can read.

Also, they were cutting in to each others' food.  When he was asked if he tried to feed them separately by placing their food in different areas at the same time, he said--get this, this is the exact fucking quote--he "didn't want too get too involved in their dynamic".

We'll take the cat back, thank you very much.

Sounds like he wants minions, not cats.
██████
██████
██████

katmai

All i want is Sharks with fricking Lasers on their fricking heads.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son