Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 26, 2013, 03:21:24 PM
Senator Harkin will retire in 2014  :hmm:

Big Labor loses another of its whores. :yeah:

Josephus

Quote from: garbon on January 26, 2013, 02:35:18 PM
Just got one of the first pieces of spam I recall reaching my gmail inbox. My email won $920000! and I'll I needed to do was open a document named Wo.docx.

Cool I got one too. Although something strange happened to my computer afterwards. But still, $920K :)
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tonitrus on January 26, 2013, 03:18:52 PM

Quote27 die in Egypt riot after soccer violence verdict
Angry relatives and residents rampaged through an Egyptian port city Saturday in rioting that killed at least 27 people after a judge sentenced nearly two dozen soccer fans to death for involvement in deadly violence after a game last year.

Going out and killing people because the government is going to kill people for killing people.

Obviously we haven't killed enough people.

Sounds like a Millwall game.  :)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Pedrito

Ruzzle. This game is a damn drug.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Phillip V

Ideologue

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 26, 2013, 09:35:14 AM
:D

Yeah, that's similar to what t. gondii does in rats and cats--rats are compelled to take a more aggressive and foolhardy approach to dealing with their feline predators.  It is strongly suspected that it also induces the same kind of behavior in humans, but since we have no predators it translates into aggressive and foolhardy approaches to other humans.  It's neat stuff.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Phillip V on January 26, 2013, 08:50:23 PM
Bloomberg gives a total of $1.1 billion to John Hopkins University.

That's why they have a massive portrait of him at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.  It's one of those big Dear Leader/Chairman Mao types, too.  Pretty sure it's not to scale, either:  it's taller than he is.

Ed Anger

And when you walk by, the soft drink in your hand is shot out of your hand by the portrait's laser eyes.

CountDeMoney

Interesting you should mention that;  now that I think about it, the cafeteria on the 9th floor didn't sell any.

Ed Anger

Give me dr. Pepper, or give me death.

CountDeMoney

They have a section on the heliport where he can park his chopper away from the patient transport landing areas.

I told my boss he was the only member of the board that didn't have an ID badge and it was a violation of policy, and that he needed to get one.  Motion denied.  With lots of hand gestures.

Ed Anger

:lol:

Can't have him polluted by the lower classes.

CountDeMoney

I feel it is important to keep management abreast of such policy inconsistencies.

Ed Anger

Sounds like dangerous free thinking to me.

CountDeMoney

Which is why I'm often left alone by management.  I can be...mercurial at times.