News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

So he'll show her his Lord of the Rings box set. Maybe she likes movies.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Malthus

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 06, 2012, 09:36:31 AM
The Jabba playset is missing something. Something high on coke in a bikini.
:lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Admiral Yi

Just heard on CNN that Obama has proposed making the Bush tax cuts on the Schumer class permanent.

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 06, 2012, 06:36:26 PM
Just heard on CNN that Obama has proposed making the Bush tax cuts on the Schumer class permanent.

I thought those were ruinous and put us in this fiscal situation we find ourselves in.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on December 06, 2012, 06:42:49 PM
I thought those were ruinous and put us in this fiscal situation we find ourselves in.

It turns out all the bad stuff was a result of tax cuts for fatcats and billionaires only.

sbr

Josquius

Interesting statistics:

I do note Scandinavia is missed out though....
The Netherlands is surprisingly cheap, I found beer expensive when I was there, they must have high wages.
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

Those beer prices seem quite inflated in some countries. Are they supposed to be at a supermarket or at a bar?

Josquius

No idea.
As I say the Dutch one is super low.

Anyone fancy a new job:
http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/about-us/working-for-us/vacancies/governor-gibraltar
:hmm:
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Quote from: The Larch on December 06, 2012, 08:59:41 PM
Those beer prices seem quite inflated in some countries. Are they supposed to be at a supermarket or at a bar?
£3.65 I'd guess is average in a pub.
Let's bomb Russia!

derspiess

Quote from: Tyr on December 06, 2012, 09:53:14 PM
No idea.
As I say the Dutch one is super low.

Beer was quite affordable when I was there-- I'd say cheaper than most places in the US.  I was only there for a little over a week but my sample size was fairly large.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

HisMajestyBOB

Why do so many places have write-protected pdf applications and then expect me to fill them out and email them?
I can't fill it out because you fucking morons have protected the doc and disallowed entering text!
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

DGuller

Maybe knowing how to unprotect a PDF is one of the job requirements.  :hmm:  :ph34r:

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point