News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phillip V

World's Tallest Woman Dies in China at Age 40

Guinness World Records in January 2010 had certified her as the world's tallest living woman at 7 feet and 7 inches (233.3 centimeters).

The Xin'an Evening News did not give the cause of death but said in a report that Yao suffered from gigantism, with a tumor on her pituitary gland disrupting her levels of growth hormone.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2012/12/05/world/asia/ap-as-china-tallest-woman-death.html

MadImmortalMan

She clearly needed to drink more. Like Andre the Giant. World's most epic drinker.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Malthus

Quote from: Phillip V on December 05, 2012, 06:27:06 AM
World's Tallest Woman Dies in China at Age 40

Guinness World Records in January 2010 had certified her as the world's tallest living woman at 7 feet and 7 inches (233.3 centimeters).

The Xin'an Evening News did not give the cause of death but said in a report that Yao suffered from gigantism, with a tumor on her pituitary gland disrupting her levels of growth hormone.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2012/12/05/world/asia/ap-as-china-tallest-woman-death.html

She died of a broken heart - she found out CC was already married.  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

DAMN YOU SEEDY.

I had Mattel Football in my rotation. You shit.

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

Star Trek Phaser Battle was cooler anyways.

FunkMonk

Watching the Gen Xers get old is sad.  :(
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 05, 2012, 11:32:18 AM
Star Trek Phaser Battle was cooler anyways.

I only vaguely remember that.  I think we went through a couple Mattel Football handhelds though.

edit:  Oh, and both of you jerks forced me to go to http://www.wishbookweb.com/ to look through old catalogs.  I could waste an entire day looking through the 1979 Sears Christmas Catalog.

sbr

God I loved the sears catalogs.

How old are you spiess, you must be older than I was thinking?

Drakken

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 05, 2012, 11:24:12 AM
Oh Zoups!

French men not producing as much sperm

Explains a lot.

As obesity is one of the big factors in sperm quality, I expect such studies carried over to the US to find American sperm power rating to be even lower than France.

We are allowing a semen-shaft gap.  :cry: