News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: The Brain on September 23, 2012, 11:28:50 AM
What is it with American teachers and being awesome?

Teacher's Union Card:  It's Everywhere You Want To Be.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: sbr on September 23, 2012, 11:35:01 AM
It's all the extra money they have lying around, easy to be awesome when people throw handfuls of cash at you everyday.

I would have thought that West Virginia would be a right to work state.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Syt on September 23, 2012, 03:01:48 PM
Launching 1500 ping pong balls with a bottle of liquid nitrogen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ9yn8vLdig&feature=youtu.be

:cool:

And it has already been removed...:(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote(A customer comes up to the register with three under 5-year-old kids with a "Watchmen" graphic novel.)

Me: "Hi! So have you seen Watchmen yet?"

Customer: "No, we are going right after this."

Me: "You do know that Watchmen is a very violent movie geared towards adults, right?"

Customer: "Oh, it's okay. We're from the Bronx."

Zanza

http://gizmodo.com/5945306/pre+peeled-re+wrapped-bananas-are-the-most-wasteful-sign-of-the-apocalypse-yet?post=52869653

QuoteIn what has to be the worst case of wasteful packaging in the history of modern conveniece, a grocery store in Austria is actually selling pre-peeled bananas that have then been re-packaged in cellophane-covered foam trays.

One of the reasons bananas have been billed as the world's most perfect food is that they come with their own biodegradable packaging straight off the tree. And it's not like you need a knife or some wacky kitchen contraption to peel them—the skin practically falls off on its own. Not surprisingly most customers are up in arms over the ridiculous repackaging stunt, except for the chain's animated clientele who are optimistic the banished peels will dramatically reduce the risk of countless cartoon slipups.
:lol: You can't get much more retarded.

Syt

Haven't seen them, but I'm not often at Billa (Merkur, Spar, Zielpunkt/Plus, Lidl are much closer, which is a feat, because it's not unusual to have 3 or more Billas within ten minutes walking distance).

Anyways - yes, totally retarded. I blame Billa's mother corporation REWE. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Ok, Google reveals that this was a stunt pulled by one store (of their hundreds) without input from above. The company is asking for hints as to which store it was so that the product can be removed from the shelves.
—Stephen Jay Gould

derspiess

Kinda reminds me of the "watermelon filet" you can buy in grocery stores.  I'm lazy as hell when it comes to food preparation, but if I'm already going to have to cut the watermelon into pieces, I don't really have a problem with having to cut off the rind.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 23, 2012, 10:56:18 AM
I discovered the best way to disarm a wheelchair-bound individual was to dump them out of it, even when they had a weapon.  Never felt threatened enough to shoot one.  But that's just me, I was crazy like that.

:lol:  Approximately how many times did you encounter this type of situation?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DGuller

Quote from: derspiess on September 24, 2012, 11:41:27 AM
Kinda reminds me of the "watermelon filet" you can buy in grocery stores.  I'm lazy as hell when it comes to food preparation, but if I'm already going to have to cut the watermelon into pieces, I don't really have a problem with having to cut off the rind.
I buy those all the time, even if the cost is a hell of a lot more.  Watermelons are very messy to handle, and even the small round ones are way too big for one sitting for one person.  You can't cut a watermelon for lunch at work.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess

Quote from: DGuller on September 24, 2012, 12:02:08 PM
Quote from: derspiess on September 24, 2012, 11:41:27 AM
I buy those all the time, even if the cost is a hell of a lot more.  Watermelons are very messy to handle, and even the small round ones are way too big for one sitting for one person.  You can't cut a watermelon for lunch at work.

You sure we're talking about the same thing?  Or do you eat a whole slab of watermelon at a time?

Grey Fox

It's 50/50, I think.

@DG You are not a Plant worker, if you need 15more minutes of lunch time to prepare a healthy & good lunch, take it.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.