And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

:cool:

http://nextbigfuture.com/2012/09/north-american-oil-production-to.html
QuoteAlberta Oil Magazine - Technological breakthroughs are freeing up oceans of black gold from plays in the United States and Canada. Couple that with rising production from Alberta's oil sands and North American markets are flush in domestic oil, which is leading many giddy Americans to think they are on the cusp of achieving a treasured goal: energy independence. CIBC World Markets Inc. agrees with that view and says that North American oil production can grow by 800,000 to 900,000 barrels per day (bpd) annually through 2016. And the production growth will come from the onshore, offshore and the oil sands.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Pedrito

http://www.behance.net/gallery/Classic-Movies-in-Miniature-Style/4455311

Delightful renditions of cinema classics in Ottoman Miniature style.

The Shining:

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Syt

:lol:

I want the Star Wars and Scarface ones as posters.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Apparently its best to be Danish.
Germany is second and the UK third.
In passport value.
The US is joint fourth.

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2012/09/12/whats-your-passport-worth-not-that-were-buying/
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on September 18, 2012, 03:21:15 AM

Btw, I appreciate the fact that googling Raiders led me to find that it's playing in Columbia.  I forgot about that. :hug:

Yeah, man, it's in theaters all week;  I'm going either today or tomorrow.  Awesomeness.  Haven't seen it in theaters since, well, it came out in theaters.

Lettow77

I generally never wake up this early- but my roommate woke me with morning tea and announced, with odd magnetism, that today was a fast day. It seems I will go without food to better reflect on how wonderful the tea is. :)
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Zanza

Quote from: Tyr on September 17, 2012, 11:32:26 PM
Really?
I guessed it would be surprisingly high (still small but within the realms of human thinking). Can't figure out how to work it out though considering all the possible combinations.
And I've no clue what  4.25796e-109 even means in real numbers.
Ah maths. How I have totally forgotten thee.
e-109 signifies that the the 4 is the 109th digit (or 108th?) in this number 0.00 lots of zeros 00425796

FunkMonk

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 18, 2012, 09:04:19 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on September 18, 2012, 03:21:15 AM

Btw, I appreciate the fact that googling Raiders led me to find that it's playing in Columbia.  I forgot about that. :hug:

Yeah, man, it's in theaters all week;  I'm going either today or tomorrow.  Awesomeness.  Haven't seen it in theaters since, well, it came out in theaters.

They should show Crusade again in theaters.  :)
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: FunkMonk on September 18, 2012, 11:25:47 AM
They should show Crusade again in theaters.  :)

Starting fights this early in the day again, I see.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Syt

Why is Ocean's Eleven/Planet of the Apes counted as sequel and not as adaptation?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.