And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ideologue on September 09, 2012, 07:08:12 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 09, 2012, 02:48:20 PM
Just got back from the high school bikini car wash.  :)

The girls thought they were all clever, putting the talent out on the road with the signs and letting the fugs handle the hoses and sponges.  But if they had been *really* thinking they would have put the prom queen on the back end, at the money collection spot.
That shit's creepy.  Ideologue is calling it creepy.  THINK ABOUT IT.
:lol:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

Goddamn Papa Johns.  I ordered a Pizza from them.  Besides coming two hours late, they tried to charge me for the thing twice.  My dad talked to the pizza guy rather them, me which was fortunate or else I would would told him to get the fuck off my property before I released the hounds.  They say they'll remove the order from my bank account.  We shall see.  I'll call the bank tomorrow.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

I've noticed with the local one that if you order online, they only seem to process it about half the time. Pretty annoying. Good pizza though.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Always worked at the PJ I used to eat at.  Pizza Hut has never dropped an order either.

The only screw-up I ever had with online pizza ordering was in my favor, when my Papa Johns account somehow got loaded with enough reward points for like three pizzas.  I don't think I ordered enough to get that many. :hmm:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Syt

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 09, 2012, 08:58:25 PM
:hmm:

Schleswig-Holstein is no surprise. Agriculture and some tourism (with strong competition in tourism by former East German Baltic Coast). There's some stuff adjacent to Hamburg, but not that much. A major economic factor used to be the military which had quite  few bases in Schleswig-Holstein, but they've all been reduced, a great many of them closed altogether.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

I would have thought France would be greener.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Yeah, France outside of Paris is the biggest shocker, it seems to be on par with Spain.  :huh:

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on September 10, 2012, 01:22:55 AM
Heh.  Marty is poor.
He's in the only yellow part of Eastern Europe.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: DGuller on September 10, 2012, 01:24:50 AM
Heh.  Marty is poor.

And he supposedly makes like 10 times the median wage or something.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 10, 2012, 01:33:54 AM
Quote from: DGuller on September 10, 2012, 01:24:50 AM
Heh.  Marty is poor.

And he supposedly makes like 10 times the median wage or something.

Ten turnips a year.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: DGuller on September 10, 2012, 01:23:17 AM
Yeah, France outside of Paris is the biggest shocker, it seems to be on par with Spain.  :huh:

I would have thought as well Elsass would be green(er). On the other hand, Marseille did not manage to drag down the PACA region (PACA).

jimmy olsen

Before  I met the Portuguese ambassador I would have been surprised by how poor the country is.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

I'm consistently surprised by the relative poverty of Germany and the relative wealth of Ireland.

Those still don't make any sense to me.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 10, 2012, 03:11:26 AM
I'm consistently surprised by the relative poverty of Germany and the relative wealth of Ireland.

Those still don't make any sense to me.
If W. Germany was still a country it would be almost as rich as the Netherlands.

1 Karma Chameleon point