The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Lettow77 on September 10, 2012, 02:25:20 PM
I came close to going to class today.

You dodged a bullet there Lettuce! :o

MadBurgerMaker

Joseph A Bank:  Good or teh suck?  Anyone ever buy anything from this place?  Their website has some interesting sales going on.  Like a whole suit for $130 on clearance type thing.

Syt

Quote from: Lettow77 on September 10, 2012, 02:25:20 PMmy lifestyle

I may regret asking this, but what exactly is "your lifestyle"? What does it entail? Executive summary in under 200 words, please.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Syt on September 11, 2012, 01:02:48 AM

I may regret asking this, but what exactly is "your lifestyle"? What does it entail? Executive summary in under 200 words, please.

College.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Lettow77

Light college load - four classes.  Tea at least three times a day, lots of reading. (Currently: The Master of Go) Private study of kanji, lots of anime.  Cat and roommate, occasional visit from a nice lady for tea and discussion.  Alcohol on weekends.  No dining out, so meals are prepared in the home. I don't ride in anyone's car, so I walk everywhere myself. Nothing is ever done in a hurry.  Correspondence with some Japanese folk. 

My family in Mississippi always has some news they want me dragged into- Now this inheritence dispute, now that dead relative needs a gravestone. Both sides of the family are irked that they never see me, but I virtually never leave the apartment except for academic reasons or to take a leisurely walk.  Taking life slow before transferring to Japan, where I will also take life slow. I will never work hard in my life, if I can help it. Everything is governed by the principle of being calming, pleasant, optimistic and slow-paced. Change is disdained, routine is favoured.

Under 200 words.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Razgovory

Well, at least he's happy.  I could think of a lot worse ways for him to be spending his time.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

sbr

Quote from: Razgovory on September 11, 2012, 02:36:26 AM
Well, at least he's happy.  I could think of a lot worse ways for him to be spending his time.

Making a suit from his room mate's skin.

Josquius

Quote from: Maladict on September 10, 2012, 11:58:30 AM
That dark green province in the north of the Netherlands contains the huge gas reserves that have kept us rich since the 70's. All revenues are taken by the national government,  the province only gets compensated for the earthquakes it causes. It is in fact one of the poorest regions in the country.
hmm...the same is true for the dark green bit of Scotland.
██████
██████
██████

ulmont

MbM, about half my suits and all my current dress pants are from Jos A Banks.  Never pay more than 50% of sticker price - there will be another sale in a week - and know that they want to make their money on marked up tailoring, but the quality is pretty good.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: ulmont on September 11, 2012, 07:31:13 AM
MbM, about half my suits and all my current dress pants are from Jos A Banks.  Never pay more than 50% of sticker price - there will be another sale in a week - and know that they want to make their money on marked up tailoring, but the quality is pretty good.

Oh yeah, they make pretty good stuff, but it's overpriced without the sales.  And they have a shitload of sales all the time.  Very good suits.

Although I've sort of migrated to Charles Tyrwhitt.

lustindarkness

Quote from: Lettow77 on September 11, 2012, 02:25:12 AM

Light college load - four classes.  Tea at least three times a day, lots of reading. (Currently: The Master of Go) Private study of kanji, lots of anime.  Cat and roommate, occasional visit from a nice lady for tea and discussion.  Alcohol on weekends.  No dining out, so meals are prepared in the home. I don't ride in anyone's car, so I walk everywhere myself. Nothing is ever done in a hurry.  Correspondence with some Japanese folk. 

My family in Mississippi always has some news they want me dragged into- Now this inheritence dispute, now that dead relative needs a gravestone. Both sides of the family are irked that they never see me, but I virtually never leave the apartment except for academic reasons or to take a leisurely walk.  Taking life slow before transferring to Japan, where I will also take life slow. I will never work hard in my life, if I can help it. Everything is governed by the principle of being calming, pleasant, optimistic and slow-paced. Change is disdained, routine is favoured.

Under 200 words.

I hope you outgrow the not wanting to work hard part. Turns out life has a way to make you work hard to be able to take life slow.  :secret:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Malthus

Quote from: sbr on September 11, 2012, 04:04:17 AM

Well, creative handicrafts are never really a waste of time.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on September 11, 2012, 08:40:42 AM

This is real life, not dwarf fortress. ;)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on September 11, 2012, 08:44:20 AM
Quote from: Malthus on September 11, 2012, 08:40:42 AM

This is real life, not dwarf fortress. ;)

Well, in real life making a suit out of your roommate's skin would take a lot of skill.  :) I mean, how many people even know how to flay and tan skin?
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius