News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 09, 2012, 02:48:20 PM
Just got back from the high school bikini car wash.  :)

The girls thought they were all clever, putting the talent out on the road with the signs and letting the fugs handle the hoses and sponges.  But if they had been *really* thinking they would have put the prom queen on the back end, at the money collection spot.

:)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Jaron

The girls thought they were all clever, putting the talent out on the road with the signs and letting the fugs handle the hoses and sponges.  But if they had been *really* thinking they would have put the prom queen on the back end, at the money collection spot.

:zipped:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Lettow77

It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Eddie Teach

I never understand the point when Lettow posts images here.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Octavian

You had me at High school bikini....

:)
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Ideologue

That shit's creepy.  Ideologue is calling it creepy.  THINK ABOUT IT.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Jaron

Now that I've had a chance to speak to people around this country of ours...I've got to say the toughest customers are those East Coast Jews. I had a 45-50m discussion with a Jewish accountant from NJ who was freaking OUT about a 1.95 convenience fee on his monthly rental payments.  :yucky:

Ideologue

Good for him.  Companies need pushback on their bullshit added fees.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Jaron

It isn't a 'bullshit added fee' though. 1.95 is fair and just.

There are other fees that are bullshit though. I've seen setups where 'convenience' fees on certain credit cards are based on a percentage of a fixed amount, rather than on transaction amount. In those cases, people pay the same fee for a 5.00 payment as a 800.00 payment. In some cases that fee can be higher than 50.00. You have to question the intelligence of someone who makes a tiny payment and pays a big fee, but it happens. I saw one lady pay a .35 cent charge with her VISA and shell out 70 something dollars in convenience. :|

Jacob

Quote from: Jaron on September 09, 2012, 08:36:20 PM

Well, then you should call it a "fair and just fee" not a "convenience fee"; because paying a $1.95 to give you money isn't particularly convenient.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

DGuller

Europeans have NUTS 2 regions?  :yeahright:  News to me.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DGuller

Curiously enough, the three English tits sticking out into the Atlantic Ocean are the poorest regions.  Must be something in the water.  :hmm:

Jaron

Quote from: Jacob on September 09, 2012, 08:49:20 PM
Quote from: Jaron on September 09, 2012, 08:36:20 PM

Well, then you should call it a "fair and just fee" not a "convenience fee"; because paying a $1.95 to give you money isn't particularly convenient.

It is convenient in that you don't have to drop a check off or something. It isn't a mandatory payment channel, it is additional to make paying your monthly dues easier and faster.