Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Who wants these slippers?

Josquius

Quote from: Jacob on September 01, 2012, 12:35:10 AM
Quote from: HVC on September 01, 2012, 12:16:46 AM
You're going to die alone :P

He never said what point total he's looking for, so he may be alright.
And "Is willing to speak to me" is a insta +30 points and "Wants to sleep with me" is +100.  ;)
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

George Carlin said it best:  the kid that eats too many marbles doesn't get to grow up to have kids of his own.

QuoteCops: Teen going to Sweet 16 party sticks head out of bus, hits underside of NJ overpass, dies
By Associated Press, Updated: Saturday, September 1, 7:43 AM

FORT LEE, N.J. — A teenager headed to a Sweet 16 party was killed after he stuck his head out of the emergency hatch of a double-decker bus and hit the underside of a highway overpass, police said.
Daniel Fernandez, of Sayreville, N.J., was among 65 teens aboard the bus Friday night as it crossed the George Washington Bridge from New York City, said Port Authority of New York and New Jersey police. The 16-year-old was pronounced dead at a hospital.
The accident occurred at the Fletcher Avenue overpass of Interstate 95 at about 6:30 p.m.
Alex Franco, a security guard on the bus, told the Daily News that he had warned the teens to leave the hatch alone.
"I told them not to open the hatch, like three or four times, but kids, they don't understand," he said.
Franco said he went downstairs to tell the driver that it was getting too hot.
"It was very hot. Everybody was dancing. Two, five minutes I was downstairs," he said. "Then I heard two guys screaming, 'Oh, my God, oh, my God.'"
Designer Transportation, which operates the bus, expressed its "deepest heartfelt sympathy" for the boy's family. It says it plans to conduct an internal investigation.

No, kids do understand.  They just don't listen.

sbr

sbr

Admiral Yi

Admiral Yi

According to a dude on NPR the brain takes 25% of the bodies power. :hmm:

sbr

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 01, 2012, 02:58:17 PM

Is that more or less than you expected?  I had never thought about it before and that does seem like a lot, especially for some people.

Admiral Yi

Razgovory

Quote from: sbr on September 01, 2012, 03:04:06 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 01, 2012, 02:58:17 PM

Is that more or less than you expected?  I had never thought about it before and that does seem like a lot, especially for some people.

Not surprising.  There's a reason why most animals don't have large brains (or any brains).  A big brain is huge energy sink, not to the other problems associated with it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae have returned to (slight) profitability.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 01, 2012, 03:31:49 PM
Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae have returned to (slight) profitability.

Guess they're cushioning capital in anticipation of their eventual liquidation under Mittens.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 01, 2012, 03:38:29 PM
Guess they're cushioning capital in anticipation of their eventual liquidation under Mittens.

They are not.  All profits go directly to the Treasury.

CountDeMoney

Wonder what they're going to do with all that office furniture then.

Admiral Yi