And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: Valmy on April 25, 2012, 12:25:19 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on April 25, 2012, 12:24:30 PM
So the BNP have replaced their logo.  Their symbol is now a heart shaped union flag.  Which is odd :mellow:

:bleeding:
Given this and their Uruguayan candidate for Mayor of London I can only assume they're going through a peculiar rebranding campaign.
Let's bomb Russia!

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

HVC

why do they have differeny scales?

Iguess it's to make a joke re kids are in debt of iphones
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Admiral Yi

How the hell do you message someone on this new board software?

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 25, 2012, 02:53:11 PM
How the hell do you message someone on this new board software?

Click on their name, and then on the next page you should see a link to send them a PM.

edit: Oops, a quicker way is to simply click on the "Personal Message" icon (looks like a speech bubble) that you see under their post count.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

HVC

click their profile. Under their avatar is a send PM button.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Admiral Yi

:wacko:

I got there through profile, actions.  Bubble my ass.  WTF is that.

Thanks for the help y'all.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

The way I do it:

top of the page there is a heading "My Messages".  Mouse over that, you'll see options for "read your messages" and "Send a message".  Click "Send a message".
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

mongers

Watching the birds on the bird table this afternoon, there's a large pigeon, a starling and some sparrows really going at the food, and there's this song thrush perched on the edge not eating and with a look on it's face as if to say "These birds simply have No table manners :rolleyes: ".
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

I'm beginning to get the hang of this facebook thing, it works best if, say you encounter some who posts a comment about NWO, you immediately block them, saves having to look at their 'stupid' again. 

The upshot of this is my ignore/block list is looking really impressive; people obsessing about their friends totals were missing the deeper truth.  :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Jacob

Quote from: HVC on April 25, 2012, 02:47:10 PM

What's a cash horde?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Jacob on April 25, 2012, 07:03:26 PM
Quote from: HVC on April 25, 2012, 02:47:10 PM

What's a cash horde?
Pretty sure I saw on Bloomberg recently that Apple has $100 billion in the bank. That's what they're referring to.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Jacob

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 25, 2012, 10:56:32 PMPretty sure I saw on Bloomberg recently that Apple has $100 billion in the bank. That's what they're referring to.

Oh, so you think they meant to say "cash hoard"?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Jacob on April 25, 2012, 11:06:46 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 25, 2012, 10:56:32 PMPretty sure I saw on Bloomberg recently that Apple has $100 billion in the bank. That's what they're referring to.

Oh, so you think they meant to say "cash hoard"?
Ah, didn't even notice the spelling error. Yeah, obviously that's what they meant.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point