News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Saw three deer and a turkey today on the morning walk.  I got really close to the deer.  I didn't see one until less then 30 feet away.  I stopped and noticed there was another one laying on the ground not 10 feet away to my side.  It look back at me for a while before deciding to it was tired of my slack jaw staring and sauntered off.  Deer are a lot like women in that respect.  The Turkey was crossing the road when I saw it.  Not as exciting.

Oh and Happy Good Friday.  I suppose.  I don't know what you say for Good Friday.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Nothing says good like a few guys dying horribly on a hill in Jerusalem.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I have Tamased MAD Magazine (U.S. edition), first 500 issues, from its inception to a few years ago.

My sisters bough the German edition regularly in the late 70s/early 80s (it had 70% rather well translated stuff from U.S., plus 30% home produced).

Still, it's a pretty fascinating time travel through the pop culture and issues of the decades - from LBJ to Nixon to Reagan, from spoofs of The Virginian to Star Wars to Matrix, from Hippie culture, to drug riddled inner cities to the arms race and video games.

And of course there's Don Martin, Sergio Aragones and Dave Berg. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ideologue

Quote from: Ideologue on April 06, 2012, 09:00:33 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 06, 2012, 07:38:40 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 06, 2012, 07:37:03 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on April 05, 2012, 09:38:51 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 05, 2012, 08:40:15 PM
I just noticed several dozen eggs in the fridge. Yep, Easter is coming.

Man, fuck Easter.  On account of Easter they're closing my office so I can't work on Saturday.

You are such a buzzkill. WAHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Pull up your pants and man up.

No shit.  Off on a Saturday or peeling potatoes?  WTF, man. 

See, Imma tell you, like Wu told me.

P.S. I don't peel potatoes any more.  I don't call the restaurant I used to work at "my office." :lol:

But yeah, on the plus side, it means I'm off tomorrow.  On the minus side, it means I've got to work till about 10 tonight to get my 40 (sick earlier this week) and I can't get even cigarettes-and-gas-money OT.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on April 06, 2012, 01:23:32 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on April 06, 2012, 09:00:33 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 06, 2012, 07:38:40 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 06, 2012, 07:37:03 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on April 05, 2012, 09:38:51 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 05, 2012, 08:40:15 PM
I just noticed several dozen eggs in the fridge. Yep, Easter is coming.

Man, fuck Easter.  On account of Easter they're closing my office so I can't work on Saturday.

You are such a buzzkill. WAHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Pull up your pants and man up.

No shit.  Off on a Saturday or peeling potatoes?  WTF, man. 

See, Imma tell you, like Wu told me.

P.S. I don't peel potatoes any more.  I don't call a restaurant "the office." :lol:

Yeah, no shit.  My point was, you bitch either fucking way.  Would you rather have off a Saturday, or peel potatoes on a Saturday?

Whiny ass.

mongers

Quote from: Razgovory on April 06, 2012, 10:34:23 AM
Saw three deer and a turkey today on the morning walk.  I got really close to the deer.  I didn't see one until less then 30 feet away.  I stopped and noticed there was another one laying on the ground not 10 feet away to my side.  It look back at me for a while before deciding to it was tired of my slack jaw staring and sauntered off.  Deer are a lot like women in that respect.  The Turkey was crossing the road when I saw it.  Not as exciting.

Oh and Happy Good Friday.  I suppose.  I don't know what you say for Good Friday.

:thumbsup:

There seems to be a family of four deer in permanent residence in the meadow opposite my house.

Raz, it must of been in honour of you, but I've seen two buzzards in that last two days, one on the old railway line, it landed to pick up some prey and then flew off. And this afternoon one flew out of some trees on my right and crossed my path before flying off above the main road. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Valmy

The savage brutality of Canadians never ceases to shock the world.

Wait the Russians have banned fur imports?  Aren't they the world's biggest user of furs?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Habbaku

Soon, I will be able to afford a seal coat, but not able to purchase one.  Oh, the irony.  :(
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on April 06, 2012, 01:45:32 PM

They're a nation of Marty McSorleys.

Admiral Yi

The surprise leader after two days of play at the Masters is Freddy Couples.  Tiger, 7 back of the leader, still suffers from the Curse of the Swedish Trophy Wife.

Sorry Liep, couldn't find your obscure sports thread.

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on April 06, 2012, 01:45:32 PM

Wait the Russians have banned fur imports?  Aren't they the world's biggest user of furs?

Looks like the Norwegians and Icelanders are still in it.  I imagine Viking would be happy so long as it's not done for religious reasons.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Golf's not that obscure, as it's practically the only sport people over 40 are still comfortable playing.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 06, 2012, 06:32:48 PM
Golf's not that obscure, as it's practically the only sport people over 40 are still comfortable playing.

It's obscure in terms of Languish fanboys.

In other words, the Big Bean hasn't started a fantasy golf thread.