News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 02, 2012, 01:07:09 PM
While reading a review of a history of the FBI I learned that Obama issued a signing statement with the Indefinite Detention of American Citizens Act.

HOPE. CHANGE. YES WE CAN!

Ed Anger

I'd call that a "plus" in my voting checklist.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

I've got no issue with Obama's signing statement.  My beef is with the tribalists who offered up Bush's signing statements as proof that he was the antichrist.

Ed Anger

Bush doing it was a "double plus plus" in my voting ledger.

Admiral Yi

Ed Anger

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 02, 2012, 03:39:40 PM
So four pluses total?

Yeah. Considering how many minuses Al Bore and John Longface had, one plus would carry the day.

The Larch

Grey Fox

Considering it was last year, he probably does.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Malthus

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 02, 2012, 04:30:41 PM

Though he probably doesn't *want* to remember the little kid at the end of the line-up.  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

mongers

My new $7 cellphone is really neat, it's got a radio and also works as a torch and radio alarm clock.  :gasp:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 02, 2012, 03:35:07 PM
I've got no issue with Obama's signing statement.  My beef is with the tribalists who offered up Bush's signing statements as proof that he was the antichrist.

What?  People cannot have a problem with what they regard as violations of the Constitution?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Malthus on April 02, 2012, 04:44:47 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on April 02, 2012, 04:30:41 PM

Though he probably doesn't *want* to remember the little kid at the end of the line-up.  :P

Presumably not his, the sperm wouldn't survive the digestive fluids.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

MadImmortalMan

Did they do it together?  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on April 02, 2012, 04:59:17 PM
What?  People cannot have a problem with what they regard as violations of the Constitution?

Are you really not getting it? :huh:

Of course they can a problem with that.  That's the whole point.  The people who claimed they have a problem with what they regard as violations of the Constitution when Bush was doing it all of a sudden don't seem to have as much of a problem with what they regard as violations of the Constitution.

sbr

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 02, 2012, 05:28:34 PM
Quote from: Valmy on April 02, 2012, 04:59:17 PM

Are you really not getting it? :huh:

Of course they can a problem with that.  That's the whole point.  The people who claimed they have a problem with what they regard as violations of the Constitution when Bush was doing it all of a sudden don't seem to have as much of a problem with what they regard as violations of the Constitution.

Bad people doing bad things is reprehensible.

Good people doing bad things, for the good of everyone, is usually excusable.