News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on March 15, 2012, 02:03:48 PM
It's probably easier to replace copper wires wholesale rather than pick and choose who subscribes.

Besides, the Chinese are buying Copper.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Quote from: Razgovory on March 15, 2012, 12:41:43 PM
I guess Uwe is a common name in Germany.

I have a nephew named Uwe.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on March 15, 2012, 02:34:15 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on March 15, 2012, 12:41:43 PM
I guess Uwe is a common name in Germany.

I have a nephew named Uwe.

I've heard of someone who had nephews named Huey, Dewey, and Louie.  Not Uwe though.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tamas

Syt, will you going to Novarock? First (The Gaslight Anthem OMG) and last day look cool. I need to find some friends to rent an apartman in Hegyeshalom with for that weekend, it is like in spitting-distance from the festival. :P

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 15, 2012, 09:42:43 AM
Quote from: Pedrito on March 15, 2012, 08:53:05 AM
This morning, 7:03, I've become uncle  :cool:

L.

Congrats!  Being an uncle is fun as balls.

I like feeding my nephews Reese Cups 15 minutes before I hand them back to their parents. Time delayed sugar bombs.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 15, 2012, 04:27:51 PM

L.

I like feeding my nephews Reese Cups 15 minutes before I hand them back to their parents. Time delayed sugar bombs.

When you drop off your twins from The Shining, do your relatives complain how they don't blink? Ever?

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 15, 2012, 07:18:31 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 15, 2012, 04:27:51 PM

L.

When you drop off your twins from The Shining, do your relatives complain how they don't blink? Ever?

When they drop into that made up language that twins made up, people start running. Something is getting broken.

Ed Anger

Fun fact, the second pair of twins are starting to mind meld also.

CountDeMoney

Funny, I was thinking both pairs telepathically communicate with each other.  Dinner must be a hoot.

Ed Anger

I haven't eaten a hot meal in months.

MadBurgerMaker

After fucking up some porkchops yesterday in my first grilling adventure of the season because I forgot it required 2x chimneys worth of charcoal instead of just one, I have mostly retired my giant barrel grill in favor of a much more compact Weber 22.5" thing.  Grilled some chicken to break it in. 

Only get to roll out the barrel for parties or whatever now, I suppose.   

Ideologue

L.

Strongly disagree.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: Lettow77 on March 15, 2012, 10:37:55 AM
Absolutely wonderful weather outside. The campus has a variety of flowering trees that look lovely, and the breeze is warm and refreshing. There was no point in resisting the temptation to sing.

Also, I got a new My Little Pony colouring book! I ignored the lecture in microeconomics to do a fairly good job with Twilight Sparkle. I wanted to start on a pony I wasn't  extremely fond of before moving to fluttershy. I may upload it later.

No more student loans, guys, okay?  Say it with me: Schola delenda est.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Syt

Quote from: Tamas on March 15, 2012, 03:57:44 PM
Syt, will you going to Novarock?

Ugh, no. There's four or five bands in the line up I'd want to see, and that's by far not enough for me to put up with hordes of drunk teenagers. I think my festival days are over.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Lettow77

Quote from: Ideologue on March 15, 2012, 10:35:45 PM

No more student loans, guys, okay?  Say it with me: Schola delenda est.

Hey man, don't hate. The least an amerifat is entitled to for being a citizen of the worldempire is a few years in the floating world. I've never had to take out student loans though- this podunk college pays me to attend, for which I am grateful.

And microeconomics is easymodo. Getting Twilight Sparkle's bangs just right was the greatest challenge i've had in the class yet.

Edit: I've had an afternoon nap every day this week. It usually runs a course of about three hours, and I attribute all sorts of wonders to it. Yesterday, I went to sleep and received a colouring book; today I woke up and there were plastic cowboys and indians scattered across my desk in odd crannies. It's the miracle of human interaction that such a mundane living space can be so full of wonders!  Life is great, and spring is the best season. I haven't been so consistently happy each day for quite some time.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'