News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: DGuller on March 15, 2012, 01:20:29 AM
Was that really in California?  The people in the car appear to be Russian.  And are there interstates without medians?  I thought dividing medians were one of the basic requirements for the interstates.
It depends how you define a median, but some of the interstates around here don't have them, or rather have a narrow grass strip without a barrier.  They're gradually upgrading all of those, though.  A lot of the 'highways' in eastern Kentucky have no median, but they're not federal roads (some of them don't even have state highway numbers).
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on March 15, 2012, 01:05:29 AM
The thing became shrapnel. "But I go skiing at Boreal every year, I can handle the snow!! Raider Nation!!1111".

My biggest fear driving around here is not that I will wipe out. It's that some other moron will and hit me.
Wonder what happened to the occupants of that SUV. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Malthus on March 15, 2012, 07:50:08 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 14, 2012, 07:18:05 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on March 14, 2012, 07:13:23 PM
I'm so confused.  :blink:

So is Lettow.  Obviously.

Seedy, you ass, that thread was comedy GOLD.  :D

I just couldn't.  Not anymore.  It was simply too much.  Squee.

Pedrito

This morning, 7:03, I've become uncle  :cool:

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DGuller on March 15, 2012, 01:20:29 AM
Was that really in California?  The people in the car appear to be Russian.

You know, there are a shitload of Russians in America. 

QuoteAnd are there interstates without medians?  I thought dividing medians were one of the basic requirements for the interstates.

Yes there are.  A lot of older highways prior to designation as interstates in the 1950s don't have them.

Anyway, I sent that video to my uncle who's a truck driver in California, and he verified that yeah, that looks like the Donner Pass on the Reno-Sacramento stretch, but it could also be US Route 40 as well.  Says it's positively deadly during the winter.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on March 15, 2012, 06:38:09 AM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on March 15, 2012, 01:05:29 AM
The thing became shrapnel. "But I go skiing at Boreal every year, I can handle the snow!! Raider Nation!!1111".

My biggest fear driving around here is not that I will wipe out. It's that some other moron will and hit me.
Wonder what happened to the occupants of that SUV. :hmm:

Looks like they returned to the universe in subatomic particles.  Nasty business, that.

Tamas

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Tamas on March 15, 2012, 02:51:22 AM
Apparently, the AGEOD forum has been hacked.

Paradoxian false-flag op. They'll blame Firaxis and use it as an excuse to give Johan emergency CEO-powers, allowing him to dissolve the remnants of AGEOD completely.  :ph34r:
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Pedrito on March 15, 2012, 08:53:05 AM
This morning, 7:03, I've become uncle  :cool:

L.

Congrats!  Being an uncle is fun as balls. 

HisMajestyBOB

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

CountDeMoney

QuoteAn 88-year-old woman was strangled to death when her clothes got tangled in the treads of an escalator she was riding at the Long Island Rail Road station in Lindenhurst Tuesday, officials say.

"A preliminary investigation and autopsy concluded that the woman fell on the escalator, her clothing became entangled and she was asphyxiated," LIRR spokesman Sam Zambuto said in a statement.

The victim was identified as Irene Bernatzky of Lindenhurst, whom neighbors described as healthy and sprightly for her age. She often walked to the train station from her house and frequently visited her daughter, who lives in Manhattan.

That's where she was headed Tuesday afternoon when she fell on the escalator, according to neighbors.

"Every day, we'd see her walking up and down the block," said neighbor Gerri Hewitt, describing Bernatzky as a "friendly" and "lovely" woman who knew all the neighborhood children's names.

Regular commuters at the Lindenhurst station told NBC New York the escalator often seemed to be out of service and mentioned issues with the handrails, but LIRR officials said Wednesday the escalator has been inspected monthly and is maintained in "good operating condition."

The last inspection of the escalator before Tuesday happened on Feb. 9, according to a service log. During a maintenance procedure that day, mechanics replaced a broken upper-left comb plate.

The escalator was installed 18 years ago, in 1994. While the service time for an escalator typically ranges from 20 to 25 years, this one was marked for an early replacement, according to Zambuto. The project fell through when budget cuts shifted the priority to even older escalators.

The escalator remained out of service Wednesday, and MTA police were continuing to investigate.

FunkMonk

When I was five years old I was admonished by a Rent-a-cop in a mall for fooling around with some escalator controls. Now I know why.  :Embarrass:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Lettow77

Absolutely wonderful weather outside. The campus has a variety of flowering trees that look lovely, and the breeze is warm and refreshing. There was no point in resisting the temptation to sing.

Also, I got a new My Little Pony colouring book! I ignored the lecture in microeconomics to do a fairly good job with Twilight Sparkle. I wanted to start on a pony I wasn't  extremely fond of before moving to fluttershy. I may upload it later.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

CountDeMoney

You should go find a nice cherry blossom tree, and hang yourself from it.