News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoupa

No, I'll second the WTF. I don't get it. She sticks rocks up her vagina?

Eddie Teach

Lacking vaginas, we can't really know how comfortable or not this is.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Zoupa on March 08, 2012, 03:58:58 AM
No, I'll second the WTF. I don't get it. She sticks rocks up her vagina?

More like stencil art around it on the pubic area.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josephus

Quote from: Tamas on March 07, 2012, 01:22:04 PM
The free advertisement Apple gets through the worldwide hypemachine of "OMG, next model of last year's product with some additional minor features!!!!!! EMBRACE THE REVOLUTION!!!!" is crazy.

Front page of business sections and lead item in news casts.  :huh:
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Tamas

Quote from: Josephus on March 08, 2012, 07:24:42 AM
Quote from: Tamas on March 07, 2012, 01:22:04 PM
The free advertisement Apple gets through the worldwide hypemachine of "OMG, next model of last year's product with some additional minor features!!!!!! EMBRACE THE REVOLUTION!!!!" is crazy.

Front page of business sections and lead item in news casts.  :huh:

Yes, and this is crazy.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Liep

Just watched the Kony 2012 video that's been viralling (is that a word?). Anyhoo, excellent viral marketing, but any video with a cameo by Shephard Fairey congratulating himself for being awesome gets a dislike in my book.

I thought white suburban kids normally went into causes that didn't call for armed conflict?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Zanza

Just saw an advertisement on prime time TV where ExxonMobile told me that fracking is safe.  :huh:

Such non-product related ads are quite rare as far as I can tell.

MadImmortalMan

"It's horrible to say, but I like my boobs,"

No it's not horrible to say. Nothing about it is in any way remotely approaching horrible.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Razgovory

What if I said that?  Would that be horrible?  "I love my hairy, droopy man-breasts".
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Razgovory on March 08, 2012, 04:24:52 PM
What if I said that?  Would that be horrible?  "I love my hairy, droopy man-breasts".

It would be higher on the horrible scale than JLH, I suppose.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Tonitrus

Quote from: Zanza on March 08, 2012, 01:53:16 PM
Just saw an advertisement on prime time TV where ExxonMobile told me that fracking is safe.  :huh:

Back when I watched Sunday morning news shows, that was about 100% of the ads.  ADM, BASF, Boeing, Siemens, GE (how we build trains and nuclear reactors, not appliances and lightbulbs)

Ideologue

Now, now, I'm in the market for Boeing products.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on March 08, 2012, 04:50:58 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on March 08, 2012, 04:24:52 PM

It would be higher on the horrible scale than JLH, I suppose.  :P

I can discuss other hairy, droopy parts.  I'm pretty sure I'll stumble upon something really horrible eventually.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Sheilbh

Quote from: Zanza on March 08, 2012, 01:53:16 PM

It's always oil companies too.  We get regular ones about how much Shell is investing in green energy.
Let's bomb Russia!