News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

HisMajestyBOB

We've been incredibly busy due to lack of teachers. One guy abruptly left, claiming it was because he was sick, but we all suspect that he either hooked up with his ex girlfriend who was visiting him in China, or he found a new job in Chicago. Two others gave their notices about 4 months ago, but their replacements won't arrive until mid-March, after they've left. <_<

Plus, I've been sick since last week. Mostly just mild headaches, coughing up mucus, and a sore throat, but this morning I felt even worse than usual. And today was the first sunny day in about a month, and I spent much of it in bed feeling miserable.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Josquius

I wouldnt mind Shanghai. The crap pay and different language annoys though.
██████
██████
██████

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Tyr on March 06, 2012, 03:03:58 AM

Do they speak Geordie in Japan?  :P
And while the pay is low compared to Korea or Japan, the cost of living is even lower.

But, Shanghai is a cesspool compared to Seoul. And China is a cesspool compared to Shanghai.
Except for Hong Kong, which is clean, orderly, and polite. :)

Josquius

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on March 06, 2012, 03:07:12 AM
Quote from: Tyr on March 06, 2012, 03:03:58 AM

Do they speak Geordie in Japan?  :P
And while the pay is low compared to Korea or Japan, the cost of living is even lower.

But, Shanghai is a cesspool compared to Seoul. And China is a cesspool compared to Shanghai.
Except for Hong Kong, which is clean, orderly, and polite. :)

I speak some Japanese and have had an active interest in improving this for over a decade. Chinese...not so much.

I'd heard Shanghai was a pretty awesome place to live. Good night life, lots of pretty girls with ghost-fever and liberal views, the Chnese government taking a very hands off approach on their evil, etc....
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

Is anyone else having trouble with Google?  Chrome doesn't feel like working and it's showing that google.com is down.  I think it might be Mcafee site adviser.  I'm looking for a way to turn it off.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

I deleted site adviser and restarted and that seems to have fixed.  I wish there was a better way.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on March 06, 2012, 02:51:23 AM
Plus, I've been sick since last week. Mostly just mild headaches, coughing up mucus, and a sore throat, but this morning I felt even worse than usual. And today was the first sunny day in about a month, and I spent much of it in bed feeling miserable.

Sounds like someone is enjoying the Chinese air quality.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 06, 2012, 04:40:22 AM
Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on March 06, 2012, 02:51:23 AM

Sounds like someone is enjoying the Chinese air quality.

Everything in my room gets coated in a think, fibrous black/grey dust. :(
It's likely from the outside air via my AC/heater. However, the filter on that is surprisingly clean - it was practically new when I moved in, and even now, there's just a little dust on the top.

DGuller

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on March 06, 2012, 07:31:40 AM
Everything in my room gets coated in a think, fibrous black/grey dust. :(
It's likely from the outside air via my AC/heater. However, the filter on that is surprisingly clean - it was practically new when I moved in, and even now, there's just a little dust on the top.
:hmm:

Ed Anger

Ha Ha!

Quote==========================================================================================
ASSISTANT MANAGING DIRECTOR: BRITISH FINANCE MONITORING UNIT/
UNITED STATE FBI WASHINGTON DC.

This letter is from British Finance Monitoring Unit newly established by the World Financial Service Authority
United States Of America in conjunction with United Nations/United Kingdom Security Agency FBI/ UK Metro Police.
This body was set up to discover an unpaid fund being owed to Governments or Individuals all over the world through
Contract Payment,Inheritance and Lottery Winning Prize Awards.

It will interest you to know that we have discovered an unpaid/unclaimed funds of (Seven Million Five Hundred
Thousand United States Dollars) US$7.5M in favour of your name and a mandate has been given to this
body British Finance Monitoring Unit to ensure that this fund is release to you without delay. Note that a special
payment arrangement has been made to through an ATM Master Card which is to be deliver to your nominated home address or
Alternatively come in person to any of our payment offices in Europe, America or Asia to sign papers and get it your self
It can also be transfer into your nominated bank account Via KTT.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Syt

It seems that the German government is (after years of debate) following the newsprint companies' wishes.

According to a coalition paper:

QuoteGewerbliche Anbieter im Netz, wie Suchmaschinenbetreiber und News-Aggregatoren, sollen künftig für die Verbreitung von Presseerzeugnissen (wie Zeitungsartikel) im Internet ein Entgelt an die Verlage zahlen.

Translation:

In future, commercial online offerings, like search engines or news aggregators, shall pay a fee for the internet distribution of press products (like newspaper articles) to the respective publishers.

This is aimed at services like Google News. German news(paper) pages have complained for quite some time that they lose out on (advertising) revenue - and Google makes money of them - if people can just read (parts of) the articles on Google News.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

MadImmortalMan

CNBC made a great choice hiring Kelly Evans. raawr
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on March 06, 2012, 03:23:15 PM
CNBC made a great choice hiring Kelly Evans. raawr

Melissa Lee and her gorgeous almond-eyed cock-sucking lips are now my #1 CNBC hawtie, now that Trish Regan left for Bloomberg.  She's just fucking dreamy.