News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: DGuller on February 21, 2012, 10:39:26 PM
By the way, I always wondered how one is supposed to drop a turd in the punchbowl.  Do you squat over it?  Do you come to the punchbowl with the turd pre-made?
I don't recommend walking around handling shit.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Lettow77

This promises to be a very busy day. Vomiting is all the rage- I woke at 2 AM to the anguished retching of my poor roommate, whose body trembled as it rejected the various toxins of this defiled world. In his weakened state he accepted water and a wet rag, but before long I went back to bed. Illness and good health both lend him an ennobling air to such an extent one can only conclude he has an inherently aristocratic cast about him.

My sleep was awoken by vomiting again- only, to my surprise, it was in the bathroom but my roommate did not emerge. It was our foul suitemate, defiling the commons once more. His disregard for the sanctity of the commons is again illustrated by his decision to steal all of the toilet paper from the bathroom. When at length he returned it, it was decided he could no longer be trusted with such a precious resource. It is now kept within our domain as a strategic reserve- wiping with his hands should be a nostalgic memory for him, hearkening back to the days of his upbringing.

Passport photo must be taken today, and there is an important birthday to celebrate. It is strange and somewhat disconcerting to have a filled schedule.

I am happy to say that I am no longer among the nauseous procession, and my symptoms have largely subsided.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

lustindarkness

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on February 21, 2012, 08:59:22 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on February 21, 2012, 02:40:04 AM
There is a big pack of coyotes behind the back fence. I can't see them, but they are making a huge racket, which is unusual. I think they might have gotten somebody's pet.

Well, there's some blood and fur in a spot down in the ravine. No corpse. Maybe they didn't kill it,  or maybe they carried it off. Or the owner already came and got it. The fur is all over the sage bushes-- white and a bit long like a sheep dog or something. Whatever it was, it fought well.

The crew from the Finding Bigfoot show would have shown it as evidence of a sasquatch. :yes:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Grey Fox

The Americans who never take vacations are gonna scream.

2 days to go before 10 weeks off. :yeah:

also, 2 days before moving day.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadImmortalMan

10 weeks? Heh. Must be nice to have a job where you are that unnecessary. If I took that much time off, bad things would happen.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Grey Fox

Oh bad things is going to happen. Half of the projects are getting delayed.

but they don't have a choice in the matter, well other then hire someone to replace me temporary.

It's my parental leave.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

sbr

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 22, 2012, 01:50:32 PM

but they don't have a choice in the matter, well other then hire someone to replace me temporary.

It's my parental leave.

I thought you were a guy.:blush:

Eddie Teach

Quote from: sbr on February 22, 2012, 02:13:52 PM

:lol:

If the company's got to give him leave, might as well milk that.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Habbaku

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 22, 2012, 01:13:22 PM

:cheers:

Try not to waste it all.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Barrister

It's my parental leave.

And guys can't be parents? :unsure:

I took 12 weeks GF - some holiday, the rest parental leave. :showoff:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Apparently I can get my house designated as a "location of interest" with the local police service...  :ph34r:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josephus

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 22, 2012, 01:13:22 PM

10 WEEKS OFF!!! Wait, is some of this "paternity" leave?
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

sbr

Quote from: Barrister on February 22, 2012, 05:29:00 PM

It's my parental leave.

And guys can't be parents? :unsure:

Of course.  It was much funnier in my head.

Admiral Yi

Obama has just come out with a proposal to lower the corporate tax rate to 30%, 28% for manufacturing corporations.  Do idea what the definition is of manufacturing corporation.  The proposal is supposed to be revenue neutral, paid for by eliminating oil drilling credits and the deductability of outsourcing expense.  Also some kind of subsidy for manufacturing companies that insource.