News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

I voted today.  Not in the GOP primary (though I could have), but in the Dem Primary.  Mostly because I just wanted to vote against a stupid sales tax increase.  The Chamber of Commerce has been ragging on the city to build them a Convention Center for decades.  If local business want the facility so badly, let them pay for it.

Curiously Newt Gingrich was not on the Republican ballot though someone named Keith Drummond is.  No clue who he is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missouri_Republican_primary,_2012

Actually looking at this, I have no idea what the point of the primary was  since it doesn't seem to be to select delegates.  Well what ever they get the favorite seems to be Mr. sleeps-with-dead-babies.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on February 07, 2012, 04:59:32 PM
What do people use for hosting pictures for forums?  I was always using imageshack, it doesn't seem to work for me now.

Imgur
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Razgovory on February 07, 2012, 04:59:32 PM
What do people use for hosting pictures for forums?  I was always using imageshack, it doesn't seem to work for me now.
http://imgur.com/user/imigur
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Sheilbh

The editor of the Sun was testifying at Leveson today.  Asked about page 3 girls he said they 'celebrated youth, freshness and natural beauty'...
Let's bomb Russia!

MadImmortalMan

Nothing "natural" on page 3.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 07, 2012, 03:57:52 PM
QuoteMr Obama last year described France as America's closest ally.

:blink:

What part of that do you not understand?

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on February 07, 2012, 07:20:01 PM

Based on a limited sample size it seems to me they prefer carbon based entertainment.

Habbaku

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on February 07, 2012, 07:20:01 PM

:hmm:  They seem to use a fair number of naturals.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Josquius

I'm pretty sure most, if not at all, page 3 girls are natural these days.

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 08, 2012, 02:22:28 AM
Here's your Oblivious Douchebag With a Cell Phone video of the day:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/videogallery/67908340/News/Viral-Video-Baby-Falls-on-Train-Tracks
:lol:
I read that as it being a video filmed on a phone, not being something which happened as a result of an idiot with a phone. No comma after the phone I guess.
██████
██████
██████

Tonitrus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 08, 2012, 02:22:28 AM
Here's your Oblivious Douchebag With a Cell Phone video of the day:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/videogallery/67908340/News/Viral-Video-Baby-Falls-on-Train-Tracks

Make that two oblivious douchebags.  :P

Extra points for the "lean over towards the catastrophe because I care, but am still talking on the phone" move.

Syt

Classic dialogue with an obnoxious colleague today (we have similar "discussions" with her almost every week).

She: "Why are you doing it that way?" (Sarbanes Oxley procedure)

I: "Been doing it for years. In accordance with the head SarbOx guy for Europe."

She: "Do you have that in writing?"

I: "Yep, discussed it in 2009. Have all the emails."

She: "And you believe him?"

I: "He's the head of SarbOx for our region. Kinda comes with the territory. Also passed through half a dozen audits."

She: "Well, I don't know, I wouldn't rely on it."

I: . . . *writes email to SarbOx guru, confirming my understanding*

SarbOx Guy: "Yeah, absolutely correct. Quite a few people in our region have a poor understanding of the process, though."

I: *forward email*

She: *doesn't talk to anyone of the team for rest of day*

This happens regularly. However, she has seniority, and people in general tend to listen more to her than to other team members who actually understand some of our corporate mechanics.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.