News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Lettow77 on February 06, 2012, 02:51:58 AM
I don't know, you can't rightly be an international worker of the world if you begrudge work.

I admit I am not well-versed in the predilections of wobblies, though. We don't get many of them around here.

Ah you don't understand.  Marxists honor and extol the virtues of labor to get other people to do it.  They sure as hell don't want to do it themselves.  Lenin didn't put together cars, Stalin didn't go out and farm, and Mao wasn't out there working on a construction site.  For all their flaws, the robber barons and captains of industry weren't afraid of elbow grease (well at least the ones who made their own fortunes).
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

katmai

Quote from: Razgovory on February 06, 2012, 11:21:01 AM
Quote from: katmai on February 06, 2012, 02:30:05 AM
Oh and you will love the fish processing plants if you are this miserable already.

How well does that pay anyway?

Not sure, only summer i did it was 22 years ago, was making a whopping $100 a day then :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Lettow77

After the fasting and self-remonstrance of last week, the moon runes chose to make  themselves known to me once more for the weekly examination. It was a glorious feeling tempered only by the knowledge it was not a complete revelation; to prevent any undue euphoria that might develop into hubris, the most basic of runes, long taken for granted as within my mastery, chose to put itself beyond the veil of man's knowledge once more until such time as I had acknowledged that I was a mere man and could not assume command of the arcane as a matter of course.

Minor setbacks aside, it is clear that the rejuvenation of spirit and rectification of vision from last week were sweeping successes, and I am once more on the road to the pure land. I feel vindicated.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Eddie Teach

So now you're into astrology, eh.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Quote from: Razgovory on February 06, 2012, 11:26:29 AM
I don't know, you can't rightly be an international worker of the world if you begrudge work.

I admit I am not well-versed in the predilections of wobblies, though. We don't get many of them around here.

Ah you don't understand.  Marxists honor and extol the virtues of labor to get other people to do it.  They sure as hell don't want to do it themselves.  Lenin didn't put together cars, Stalin didn't go out and farm, and Mao wasn't out there working on a construction site.  For all their flaws, the robber barons and captains of industry weren't afraid of elbow grease (well at least the ones who made their own fortunes).

Ordering people shot is labor.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Neil

Quote from: Ideologue on February 06, 2012, 02:55:01 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on February 06, 2012, 11:26:29 AM

Ordering people shot is labor.
Nope.  That's management.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Lettow77 on February 06, 2012, 01:03:00 PM
After the fasting and self-remonstrance of last week, the moon runes chose to make  themselves known to me once more for the weekly examination. It was a glorious feeling tempered only by the knowledge it was not a complete revelation; to prevent any undue euphoria that might develop into hubris, the most basic of runes, long taken for granted as within my mastery, chose to put itself beyond the veil of man's knowledge once more until such time as I had acknowledged that I was a mere man and could not assume command of the arcane as a matter of course.

Minor setbacks aside, it is clear that the rejuvenation of spirit and rectification of vision from last week were sweeping successes, and I am once more on the road to the pure land. I feel vindicated.

It is Raistlin, Arch Magus of emo.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

Quote from: katmai on February 06, 2012, 12:39:12 PM
Oh and you will love the fish processing plants if you are this miserable already.

Not sure, only summer i did it was 22 years ago, was making a whopping $100 a day then :P

I looked it up.  7.15 an hour.  That's not a lot.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on February 06, 2012, 05:52:15 PM
Quote from: katmai on February 06, 2012, 12:39:12 PM

I looked it up.  7.15 an hour.  That's not a lot.

Not bad for 1989 though.

Ideologue

Yeah, I'd imagine that's the equivalent of about $10-13 today.

(I imagine it actually pays $8-9 today.)

Anyway, Papa Johns was doing some dumb promotion with that football game yesterday, and I was supposed to get an email with my free pizza coupon code.  Well?  I'M WAITING.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Lettow77

http://www.theonion.com/articles/asian-markets-fall-like-cherry-blossoms-in-gentle,2385/

This pleases me on a level akin to holding a kitten for five minutes or having a cup of gyokuro
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on February 06, 2012, 07:13:11 PM
Yeah, I'd imagine that's the equivalent of about $10-13 today.

(I imagine it actually pays $8-9 today.)

Anyway, Papa Johns was doing some dumb promotion with that football game yesterday, and I was supposed to get an email with my free pizza coupon code.  Well?  I'M WAITING.

YUO GOT BONED.

I was about to suggest eating at a better pizza place, then I remembered you are in the armpit of the South.  :(

Ed Anger

And I shouldn't judge, I bought the twins a Little Caesar's pizza.  :blush: