News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lettow77

That's true, but that's a misleading omission to make when describing something nose-related. Flower water would indeed be a perplexing name for it if hana didn't also mean nose.

Edit: But more importantly! Languish! Elitism is a dangerous thing that threatens to keep us from enjoying everything. Enjoying everything is the key to success! Surrounding yourself in a crystal fortress of darkness and tea is an improvement, but it was going about it backwards!

I have learned to make it so that everything I do is something I enjoy. Next, I must expand my enjoyment to general life! Appreciating basic existence, rather than any alteration to that existence, should be the primary goal. Spiritual matters and morale are as ever more important than material! When I arrive in the sacred isles, it must be seen as a time of rebirth- it may be too late to emerge from my ways in the stifling scenery of Martin, TN, but I will be a cheerful and tranquil person someday. At the least, I shall strive for it! And the animating struggle for something is beautiful in a way out of step with the defiled world's struggles which are so tainted by blood and the weighty atmosphere of living.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Ideologue

12th fucking day in a row at work tomorrow.  Just because some of them have been 4 hour shifts does not mean it doesn't wear me down.

Got mad at a hose today; that was childish, but that fucking hose was sufficiently annoying to trigger a lot of pent-up resentment and anger.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: Lettow77 on February 05, 2012, 02:19:54 AMI have learned to make it so that everything I do is something I enjoy. Next, I must expand my enjoyment to general life! Appreciating basic existence, rather than any alteration to that existence, should be the primary goal. Spiritual matters and morale are as ever more important than material! When I arrive in the sacred isles, it must be seen as a time of rebirth- it may be too late to emerge from my ways in the stifling scenery of Martin, TN, but I will be a cheerful and tranquil person someday. At the least, I shall strive for it! And the animating struggle for something is beautiful in a way out of step with the defiled world's struggles which are so tainted by blood and the weighty atmosphere of living.

Whatever.  It's the same shit, different hemisphere, but maybe they'll give me money that doesn't make me want to puke down their throats until they asphyxiate on my half-digested Reese's cups.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Jaron

Quote from: Ideologue on February 06, 2012, 02:21:59 AM
12th fucking day in a row at work tomorrow.  Just because some of them have been 4 hour shifts does not mean it doesn't wear me down.

Got mad at a hose today; that was childish, but that fucking hose was sufficiently annoying to trigger a lot of pent-up resentment and anger.

What do you do again? Restaurant?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Ideologue

No, I was working with a hose at a law firm.
Kinemalogue

katmai

:lmfao:

Come back to me after working 8-12 straight weeks of 12 hour days, then you can have some whine with your cheese.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

Oh and you will love the fish processing plants if you are this miserable already.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ideologue

Quote from: katmai on February 06, 2012, 02:29:18 AM

Come back to me after working 8-12 straight weeks of 12 hour days, then you can have some whine with your cheese.

Whatever, dude.  You know damn well it ain't at all the same thing.  That is, it is not the job, per se, that's making me mad.
Kinemalogue

Lettow77

Ide, you identify strongly with the labouring class, don't you? Aren't you some class of rabble-rousing leftist?

That being the case, it's unbecoming for you to despise the sort of undignified work befitting such a worldview.

Ideologue

Quote from: Lettow77 on February 06, 2012, 02:39:54 AM
Ide, you identify strongly with the labouring class, don't you? Aren't you some class of rabble-rousing leftist?

That being the case, it's unbecoming for you to despise the sort of undignified work befitting such a worldview.

Isn't despising his meager rewards exactly what you'd expect a rabble-rousing leftist to do? :huh:
Kinemalogue

Lettow77

I don't know, you can't rightly be an international worker of the world if you begrudge work.

I admit I am not well-versed in the predilections of wobblies, though. We don't get many of them around here.

The Brain

José?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tonitrus

Quote from: katmai on February 06, 2012, 02:29:18 AM

Yeah, but your job isn't really work, it's an adventure.  :P

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Tonitrus on February 06, 2012, 04:19:41 AM
Yeah, but your job isn't really work, it's an adventure.  :P

Heh, a reality tv star with cameras on him while asleep could bitch about his schedule being 168 hours a week with no breaks.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: katmai on February 06, 2012, 02:30:05 AM
Oh and you will love the fish processing plants if you are this miserable already.

How well does that pay anyway?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017