News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

I used to think that way about women too. I wish I'd quit that much earlier.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Josquius

I really do wonder how much of Lettow's schtick is fictional and how much real. It can't all be real. Surely.
██████
██████
██████

Tonitrus

Quote from: Lettow77 on January 31, 2012, 12:07:03 AM
I would encourage you to abandon your pursuit of 3D women as well. The beauty of Gensokyo awaits just beyond the next horizon, if you can only cure yourself of your base desires!

Doesn't SMAC's Chairman Sheng-ji Yang have a quote like this?

katmai

Quote from: Tyr on January 31, 2012, 02:46:42 AM
I really do wonder how much of Lettow's schtick is fictional and how much real. It can't all be real. Surely.

Did Neil turn off the ignore, cause i sure would like to put Lettow in mine.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Tamas

Quote from: katmai on January 31, 2012, 02:57:22 AM

why, it is fascinatingly funny and scary at the same time.

jimmy olsen

Wow, there's a bra that can be converted into a gas mask in case of emergency!

http://www.salon.com/2010/09/24/bra_mask/singleton/
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 31, 2012, 06:34:02 AM
Wow, there's a bra that can be converted into a gas mask in case of emergency!

http://www.salon.com/2010/09/24/bra_mask/singleton/

In reply to the recent allegations that gas attack drills have been increased to unreasonable levels I wholeheartedly deny that this is so I can get a peak....
██████
██████
██████

mongers

Quote from: katmai on January 31, 2012, 02:57:22 AM

Nope, it's still working fine.  :cool:

I'd certainly never ignore Lettow,I see him as one of the 'valuable' contributors here.  :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josquius

:lol:
Though the NES was a bit before my time. I think a mega drive pad is probally better for me.
██████
██████
██████

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: Lettow77 on January 31, 2012, 12:07:03 AM
I would encourage you to abandon your pursuit of 3D women as well. The beauty of Gensokyo awaits just beyond the next horizon, if you can only cure yourself of your base desires!
You can't have sex with non-3d women.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Josquius

Well, you can try, but papercuts are nasty downstairs.
██████
██████
██████

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 30, 2012, 07:12:33 PM
Quote from: DGuller on January 30, 2012, 07:09:13 PM
:hmm: What's the moral of the story?  Overt racism will get you even more than what you ask for?

Try reading it again.
She wanted to not sit next to a black man.  Not only did she end up not sitting next to a black man, she also wound up sitting next to an empty seat, which is a luxury on an airplane.  Presumably she would've been happy to sit next to someone, just not someone of the color she disapproved of.

garbon

Everyone around her was also immediately hostile and the black guy received better treatment. Win?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: DGuller on January 31, 2012, 10:52:21 AM
She wanted to not sit next to a black man.  Not only did she end up not sitting next to a black man, she also wound up sitting next to an empty seat, which is a luxury on an airplane.  Presumably she would've been happy to sit next to someone, just not someone of the color she disapproved of.

She got punked.