News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

:hmm: What's the moral of the story?  Overt racism will get you even more than what you ask for?

garbon

She asked for her seat to be moved. That didn't happen.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: DGuller on January 30, 2012, 07:09:13 PM
:hmm: What's the moral of the story?  Overt racism will get you even more than what you ask for?

Try reading it again.

Tonitrus

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on January 30, 2012, 11:40:51 AM
Symantec has been hacked. How the mighty have fallen.

I wonder how many of the big-name hacking jobs are done with actually "breaking in" remotely, and how many are provided access to the inside by a disgruntled employee.  I am sure pretty much every large computer firm, or even government agency, has some asshole on the inside (with access), who would gladly hand it over to a hacker and gleefully watch the chaos...if they thought it couldn't be traced back to them.

HVC

Quote10 Guests, 19 Users (1 Buddy, 5 Hidden)
Buddy, what the fuck is a buddy? also, i checked and Raz is my buddy :unsure:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

Wouldn't that just be someone you added (or added you?) as a buddy? I see there is a buddy list feature.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

I'm everyone's buddy.  I like to think it's because of my mellow personality.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on January 30, 2012, 09:43:22 PM

Yeah you and dps look like best buds.

HVC

Quote from: garbon on January 30, 2012, 09:53:08 PM

the brighter the flame the hotter it burns... or something.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on January 30, 2012, 09:53:08 PM

He's just mad I beat him in WitP.

Oh, wait, that's my stock response for grumbler.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: garbon on January 30, 2012, 07:12:12 PM
She asked for her seat to be moved. That didn't happen.

But she didn't have to sit next to the black man, and he got upgraded to first class.   Sounds like the moral is that overt racism is a win-win.  Or the squeaky racist gets the grease.   :hmm:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Lettow77

Yuzu flavoured tea is sort of suffering. However, its unwelcome taste will serve as a useful tool in self-chastening, and it is still very warming.

It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

HVC

Seriously, future face eater ^^^

Lettow77

wat

I actually have a strong aversion to unpleasant things. A good friend of mine is having me sit through the most dreary, oppressive, unpleasant of anime. It needs to be all tea, keeki and yukkuri

Life is an endlessly pleasant procession of inactivity. Violence is even more reprehensible than an honest day's work. Eating someone's face is a direct contrast to Being the Little Girl
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

HVC

Ed Gein would disagree with your last sentence.