News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Lettow77 on January 30, 2012, 11:13:18 PM
Life is an endlessly pleasant procession of inactivity. Violence is even more reprehensible than an honest day's work. Eating someone's face is a direct contrast to Being the Little Girl

Is "Being the Little Girl" something you enjoy doing?  :huh:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Lettow77

Well I mean, that's complicated. Certainly at the moment I am playing Fortune Summoners, the moĆ© paradise we all longed for, and the fact that you Are the Little Girl
makes it delightful and pleasant.

Cute girls doing cute things in a slow-paced and peaceful atmosphere should be the subject of all entertainment media.

Edit: Well, not 3DPD females, you understand, but..

10 minutes in, and this is just gold. I walked about the idyllic town, and an old woman asked me if I cared for some tea!

IF I CARED FOR SOME TEA, LANGUISH!

Spoilers: I cared for some tea
and then I drank the tea in real life
its like I was there
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

FunkMonk

Ya know, Mishka used to be my all-time favorite poster, but now I've got to say, Lettow has taken that role over magnificently.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

HVC

Come on people. Do you not see the face eating potential? Languish is going to be in the news dammit :lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Eddie Teach

I don't actually remember Mishka as a poster, just the reactions to him. I guess he was probably mainly active in those endless flame war threads about US foreign policy(the kind that the first time you see it is already 30 pages long and you decide, "ah, screw that").

Lettow77

I know it's just in good fun, but languish says the most hurtful things. I am the epitome of a harmless person! I can't think of anyone more harmless on languish, except maybe mongers. That's only because he's a halfling.

Oh man, this game. "You found: Magical Girl Merrin part 2/12. Would you like to read? Y/N"

Absolutely worth everyone's time.

HVC

Mishka was equal parts anti-Semitic and pro-semitic ( is that a word?) and amusing is his ways. One of those Christians who wanted to give the Jews their holy land... So that they could burn in torment and start they apocalypse.

The crazy poster I miss is Dorsey. His stalker hard on for Malthus was amusing.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Lettow77 on January 30, 2012, 11:42:16 PM
I know it's just in good fun, but languish says the most hurtful things. I am the epitome of a harmless person! I can't think of anyone more harmless on languish,

Is that what your "mother" says?

garbon

Quote from: HVC on January 30, 2012, 11:43:40 PM

He didn't go far.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

Quote from: garbon on January 30, 2012, 11:47:59 PM

He didn't go far.
ok, fair enough. i miss the Dorsey persona.

Ideologue

Quote from: Lettow77 on January 30, 2012, 11:13:18 PM
wat

I actually have a strong aversion to unpleasant things. A good friend of mine is having me sit through the most dreary, oppressive, unpleasant of anime. It needs to be all tea, keeki and yukkuri

Life is an endlessly pleasant procession of inactivity. Violence is even more reprehensible than an honest day's work. Eating someone's face is a direct contrast to Being the Little Girl

You have a strong aversion to making me not want to punch you.  If a woman hits on you, you get down on your hands and knees and thank your Robert E. Lee-looking God to have shown such mercy.  Because if you are half as weird and off-putting as you are here, and I suspect you are given your horrible mockery of blind people and inability to not talk about your desire for crippled women, the ordinary reaction would be to reach for the nearest campus rape alarm.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

Quote from: HVC on January 30, 2012, 11:49:37 PM
Quote from: garbon on January 30, 2012, 11:47:59 PM

He didn't go far.
ok, fair enough. i miss the Dorsey persona.

Maybe it will resurface when the 'Canes stop sucking.

Lettow77

Feh! my natural eloquence easily comes through in everything I do. I look well enough, for all that i'm quite short. I can't even chalk this one (as I did the last unwanted attentions) to catching me in one of my good moods; I was rather subdued after the moon runes chose to make themselves unknown to me. I am therefore at a loss why the korean chose to act the way she did. In any case, I am less than uninterested.

I am a gentleman, ide! I would not even begin to think of addressing a lady by her first name without it being preceded by Miss. Indeed, Miss usually suffices- I have little interest in learning names. For I have rejected the temptations of 3D women as one of the more treacherous aspects of the defiled world, save for the Questing Beast. Even if I do not respect a lady, I do my best to be deferential and courteous.

As this problem worsens, and in reviewing the infamous failures with the questing beast, I begin to suspect that lack of interest in women in any capacity is somehow communicated to them, provoking these unwanted interactions. I appreciate the thought: it's good to be cared for, even in passing by a stranger, but it's something to be avoided.

Regarding blindness, it is projected to come to an end on February 7th. I think I have just about learned all I can from the experience, and that is a signal date on which to terminate the experiment. It has been overall an uplifting and pleasant thing.

I would encourage you to abandon your pursuit of 3D women as well. The beauty of Gensokyo awaits just beyond the next horizon, if you can only cure yourself of your base desires!

garbon

Yes, I'm sure everyone here is interested in figments of their imagination.