And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

So you found that googling "manhole" eh?  :P

JK, it's actually kind of neat.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

MadImmortalMan

A woman asked me today "How open is your marriage?".

I was a bit boggled at first but recovered quickly. Just seems like a strange thing to ask. But I guess times keep on changing.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on January 25, 2012, 03:42:16 PM
A woman asked me today "How open is your marriage?".

I was a bit boggled at first but recovered quickly. Just seems like a strange thing to ask. But I guess times keep on changing.

:)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ideologue

Why isn't there a centralized repository where I can obtain certified copies of criminal charges and convictions?  Why do I have to spend hours and probably around seventy dollars, not to mention the environmental impact, to get them, when the people I'm giving them to are the SUPREME FUCKING COURT?

I have the same question about the fingerprinting and criminal background check that I just paid $100 for.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

AF Global Hawk purchases to be halted, pending congressional approval. Man 1, robots 0.

Barrister

Quote from: Ideologue on January 25, 2012, 04:47:23 PM
Why isn't there a centralized repository where I can obtain certified copies of criminal charges and convictions?  Why do I have to spend hours and probably around seventy dollars, not to mention the environmental impact, to get them, when the people I'm giving them to are the SUPREME FUCKING COURT?

I have the same question about the fingerprinting and criminal background check that I just paid $100 for.

But there is. :huh:

www.cpic-cipc.ca

Oh right - American. :console:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Anyway, Beeb, it's not that I can't look this up on the Internet/l'Internet, it's that I need certed copies.  Excellent job paying attention. :P

What I don't understand is why I can't go up to any court in South Carolina and ask for a full record of all actions against me, and get them certified by one clerk, rather than traveling all over the upstate, over 100 miles away (or getting my dad to do it, since he lives there), going to courts that I barely remember to get half a dozen clerks to give me sheets of paper with their signatures on it.

Or why this needs to be done in conjunction with a costly criminal background check undertaken by a private company.

Especially in light that the organization requiring all this is a government agency, specifically the one in charge of courts.
Kinemalogue

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on January 25, 2012, 05:10:21 PM
Way helpful, dude.

When the antichrist comes, they will use their central repository to root out people. Meanwhile here in FREEDOM LAND, the antichrist will be confused as his minions have to dig through county records nationwide.

USA > Canada

Ideologue

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 25, 2012, 05:15:37 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on January 25, 2012, 05:10:21 PM
Way helpful, dude.

When the antichrist comes, they will use their central repository to root out people. Meanwhile here in FREEDOM LAND, the antichrist will be confused as his minions have to dig through county records nationwide.

USA > Canada

I think the Antichrist will just use the online search and no worry about certification by a clerk.  But maybe the Antichrist is a stickler.  I wouldn't be surprised, I'm pretty sure the Bible is clear that he'll be a lawyer.  Or, more specifically, that she'll be Jean Toal.
Kinemalogue

Ed Anger

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Quote from: katmai on January 25, 2012, 05:23:52 PM
@Ed :thumbsup:

I almost went with Bibleman or Kirk Cameron. But Jon Lovitz doesn't get enough love.

Ed Anger